The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
iheartvet
Would you mind sharing a link/file with me?

1st Post
Reply 21
jjkkll
1st Post

Oops. Sorry about that!
Reply 22
I found out that you have to specify the Oxbridge college you are applying for on the registration last week. It's so annoying as I can't decide, but my exams officer wants to know for tomorrow! It's stupid that we have to put it down to get registered before we've send off UCAS form. Pfft.

Anybody know if you can change your mind after you've registered?
Reply 23
Raquel//
I found out that you have to specify the Oxbridge college you are applying for on the registration last week. It's so annoying as I can't decide, but my exams officer wants to know for tomorrow! It's stupid that we have to put it down to get registered before we've send off UCAS form. Pfft.

not too sure to be honest :s-smilie:

when i regestered i selected UCL and Imperial

and now it looks like i may not be applying there

LOL
Reply 24
Raquel//

No, you can't change your mind after you register. I only found that out last week too so I had to make a swift decision too. Decided on Downing in the end. Now just to decide if I'm going for UCL...
Reply 25
Just looked at that past paper...

Section 2 looks ok! Quite liked that. More my kind of test.

Section 1 was minging, feels more like GCSE stats. Was never good at that either - probably why I ended up with a B.

Section 3 seems too vague and ambiguous for my liking. Difficult to judge what they're after in the answer. I'd struggle to come up with anything worth any real merit in that time limit with those options for essays.

Good job I ain't sitting it eh!
Reply 26
Kinkerz
Just looked at that past paper...

Section 2 looks ok! Quite liked that. More my kind of test.

Section 1 was minging, feels more like GCSE stats. Was never good at that either - probably why I ended up with a B.

Section 3 seems too vague and ambiguous for my liking. Difficult to judge what they're after in the answer. I'd struggle to come up with anything worth any real merit in that time limit with those options for essays.

Good job I ain't sitting it eh!

dont be fooled section 2 is HARD!
Reply 27
It's all hard! Just I think section 2 looks like the lesser of three evils.
Reply 28
Just Did Section 1 of the 2007 BMAT Past Papers

and Got 21/35 or 20/34 as Question 8 Does not Exist.

How did you guys do?
Reply 29
registering tomorrow :]
but still cant get over the fact that the UKCAT is costing me more than the BMAT!! -_-;;
Reply 30
sorry if this has been asked jjjkll, but I thought that we weren't allowed past papers, have they changed this? and given us last years one?
Reply 31
adlondo
sorry if this has been asked jjjkll, but I thought that we weren't allowed past papers, have they changed this? and given us last years one?

They Have released one set of past papers along with the Specimen papers.

The past papers happen to be last years papers i.e October 2007
Reply 32
The fact that people have started revising scares me. I'm really considering not applying to UCL now just for the fact that I don't want the BMAT to be so much of a stress!

Please someone reassure me that not everyone has started revision?
Reply 33
x.beth.x
The fact that people have started revising scares me. I'm really considering not applying to UCL now just for the fact that I don't want the BMAT to be so much of a stress!

Please someone reassure me that not everyone has started revision?

I have not started revision i just did a few essays and a paper!

But not really improved on anything as of yet.

(if you dont apply to ucl or do the bmat it works out better for me :biggrin:)
Reply 34
jjkkll
I have not started revision i just did a few essays and a paper!

But not really improved on anything as of yet.

(if you dont apply to ucl or do the bmat it works out better for me :biggrin:)

Lol, obviously that will be my ultimate deciding factor in deciding between UCL and Kings :p:

And thanks guys for the reassurance. Everyone who is sitting the BMAT is sooo clever though and the fact that I haven't done physics or written an essay for over a year now (apart from essays in German but that doesn't count) doesn't make it look too great. I'll just have to try and stay positive though I guess.
Reply 35
don't worry, i haven't done physics for two years, but i've been revising and it's coming back in little bits. i'm just worried about the mental maths because i think that i'll probably fall apart without a calculator, sad as that is!
Reply 36
lotusx
don't worry, i haven't done physics for two years, but i've been revising and it's coming back in little bits. i'm just worried about the mental maths because i think that i'll probably fall apart without a calculator, sad as that is!

We don't get a calculator for BMAT? :eek:

I'm done for. I'm seriously number retarded :p: - I need my calculator!

Clearly you can see how much I've researched into this lol.
Reply 37
x.beth.x
We don't get a calculator for BMAT? :eek:

I'm done for. I'm seriously number retarded :p: - I need my calculator!

Clearly you can see how much I've researched into this lol.

want me to add that to the 1st post?
Reply 38
jjkkll
want me to add that to the 1st post?

Meh, why not :yep:
Reply 39
x.beth.x
Meh, why not :yep:

it was already thier so i made it bold and underlined so souls like you would take notice of it xx

Latest

Trending

Trending