The Student Room Group
Reply 1
no idea google it or ask the airport
Reply 2
ahh ok. I didn't think of asking the airport. Cheers
it will prob just make it more difficult to get a job, shoplifting isnt the worst offence, if it was terrorism related or smuggling of drugs then no you wouldnt be allowed.
Reply 4
Phoned airport. said there is nothing to stop me working at an airport but it is at employers discretion.
Reply 5
In order to work airside (past the security barriers) you need go through a stringent security check which requires 5 years references in order to obtain an airside pass, but whether you will be able to obtain one with a criminal record I don't know. Whereas, if you wanted to work landside it would be the same as any other employer (at their discretion).
woah weirdly I have the same reprimand for the same thing from the same year. So im glad I saw this thread as I live near an airport too. My friend who also has a reprimand got a job there a couple of years ago, so yea it is posibble. Got to make a good impression and hopefully the employer will consider you.
Reply 7
Didn't know everyone here were criminal.
Reply 8
l0uis
Hi. Does anyone know if having a criminal record (shoplifting, reprimand - 2005) will prevent me from working at an airport? Cheers.

Were you convicted? I don't know if a reprimand will show on criminal record. If it is I think it would be spent now, can't remember all the rules but for something minor and a teenager (were you?) then I think it would be.

Latest

Trending

Trending