The Student Room Group
You only have 15 days after accepting on UCAS to change your mind. If the one you want to go to is your insurance you could call your first choice and ask them to allow you to go to your insurance instead?

Otherwise you can withdraw completely and apply through clearing to the one you want to go to.
Reply 2
I think you should call them both.
Fillette
I think you should call them both.

:ditto: But call the one you want to go to first to check they will actually take you first, just in case, because otherwise you could potentially end up with nowhere.
Reply 4
Steffiewoo
You only have 15 days after accepting on UCAS to change your mind. If the one you want to go to is your insurance you could call your first choice and ask them to allow you to go to your insurance instead?

Otherwise you can withdraw completely and apply through clearing to the one you want to go to.

Hm I am in the same situation as op - I'm hoping to go somewhere other than the place which I accepted - I did think of clearing, however;

* you have not withdrawn your application;
and
* you hold no offers; or
* your offers have not been confirmed because you have not met the conditions (eg you have not achieved the required grades); or
* you have declined your offers or not responded by the due date; or
* your offers have not been confirmed, and you have declined any alternative offers from the same university; or
* you applied after 30 June (12 June for Route B art and design courses). If we received your application after these dates, we will not have sent it to any universities and colleges.

So what, would you have to withdraw, then reregister and go through clearing?
Reply 5
Nadinus
Hm I am in the same situation as op - I'm hoping to go somewhere other than the place which I accepted - I did think of clearing, however;

So what, would you have to withdraw, then reregister and go through clearing?

You have to ask your firm and insurance uni's to "release" you. Thats what its called. Then you still have an application but no firm or insurance so you will be able to use clearing.

I don't think you can make another application the same year if you withdraw the whole thing. So when you call the unis say you want to be released and they should know what you mean.
Guys, I'm guessing from the OP's name, he's talking postgrad.

Just call them and explain you've changed your mind. They can't hold you to it. That said you probably won't get any accomodation deposits back.

Areontas
I am not sure how it works at postgraduate level, but I assume the same problem might occur - your insurance choice doesn't have to accept you. They might have filled their quota, in which case you can't switch.

(BTW - you don't pick a firm and insurance at PG; you just apply to, and accept, as many as you like and decide once you have your results which one you want to go to.)
Reply 7
flipshot
You have to ask your firm and insurance uni's to "release" you. Thats what its called. Then you still have an application but no firm or insurance so you will be able to use clearing.

I don't think you can make another application the same year if you withdraw the whole thing. So when you call the unis say you want to be released and they should know what you mean.

Ah great thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending