The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 41
Wouldn't it be great to find someone with the same candidate number...
Is it just me?...

it's me :frown:
Reply 42
2006 for both GCSE/A Level
Reply 43
0693 :cool:
Reply 44
DomTre
Is it just me?...

no...its not just u....lol.
Reply 45
Reply 46
DomTre
Is it just me?...

Yeah thats just you :p:
becky.fm
2006 for both GCSE/A Level

I know someone with your candidate number :smile: Guessing different year though!
3684 :yep:

This is such a pointless thread! lol
Reply 49
2914? I think. :smile: Oxford one is really long. Like 6 digits. Can't remember it for the life of me!
Mine was 0768. 07 I assume because that's when we did our GCSEs (though we did ICT in 06...). 68 cos I'm 68th in the year alphabetically? Stayed the same for GCSEs, ASs and I assume A2s next year.

I assume Sine's school uses the same system as mine...a lot of the ones people have posted seem quite random really.

Now please, no stalking =).
Reply 51
it was either 3068 or 3069 or 2068 or 2069.

hmmm hard to remember lol
Reply 52
Mastermind`
I have £270 in my bank account

I beat you ner ner ner :yeah:

And no, I'm not taking you shopping :rolleyes:

from my candidate number you got my personal details, and just TOOK all my money! Argh damn you!

.....or was it when I went out on a bender last night? It could have gone then... :ninja:
Reply 53
purple-girl
Mine was 0768. 07 I assume because that's when we did our GCSEs (though we did ICT in 06...). 68 cos I'm 68th in the year alphabetically? Stayed the same for GCSEs, ASs and I assume A2s next year.

I assume Sine's school uses the same system as mine...a lot of the ones people have posted seem quite random really.

Now please, no stalking =).

loool...stalk u using ur candidate number :rolleyes:
ummm I have no idea what system they use but,I did my GCSEs this summer.
What I don't get is this. There are 9999 possible candidate numbers. Our school entered in 200 people this year for exams. Our school is fairly typical so if every school enters 200 people, then after 50 schools all the candidate numbers would be used up. And there must be more than 50 secondary schools in the UK. Therefore, your candidate number is not unique to you and can't be used to track you down. :yes:
My candidate was 6025 - as far as I know I'm keeping it for AS/A2.
Anyway no matter how weird the 4 digit combination may be they're all easy to remember
Mine was 5042 :smile:
bodybuilder22
I found this online database which gives you the chance to enter a candidate number for a particular exam eg GCSE, A Level, and provides you with personal information about the candidate such as name, result (when published) etc

It's probably for that, so I wouldn't give away your number...

Surely they would need to know the centre number, im sure there are some people that share the same candidate number in different centres?
electriic_ink
What I don't get is this. There are 9999 possible candidate numbers. Our school entered in 200 people this year for exams. Our school is fairly typical so if every school enters 200 people, then after 50 schools all the candidate numbers would be used up. And there must be more than 50 secondary schools in the UK. Therefore, your candidate number is not unique to you and can't be used to track you down. :yes:

There aren't 9999 possible candidate numbers, there are far more. Because you can have 0001, 0100, 0010, 1000. So there are 4 possible combinations of each number, you can do the maths :p:
:ditto: Exactly, so I'm guessing in this "database" you'd need to enter the Centre number too, which is a 5 digit combination.

Latest