The Student Room Group

The "Am I good enough for Investment Banking/Consultancy?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
IIT-B 1st yr studying chemical engineering. wat r my chances??
Reply 41
I doubt either would let you in without an A in maths. This is crazy.

He's probably doing Industrial Economics or something like that. Or maybe he got an A in further maths so they let him in for straight economics...
England Captain
Here we go. Currently finished second year of maths degree at Warwick with 2 firsts so far. Have only one year left with predicted first overall.

4 A's at A level maths, further maths, chemistry, religious studies

5A*, 3A 1B at GCSE

No IB internship, but channel island work experience at 3 of the big four by the end of the summer.

What are my chances, is it even worth applying for or should i not bother?:biggrin:

Anyone?
i can balance a spoon on my nose. am i good enough for IB?
Reply 44
uthinkilltellu

Doubtfull you'll get beyond VP without a Masters in that.
But besides that I can see the next CEO of Citi or UBS in the makign here
Reply 45
Shouldn't the answers on this thread be: Apply and you'll find out?
e-lover
Shouldn't the answers on this thread be: Apply and you'll find out?

Indeed, but why waste time applying to ten different places and going for multiple interviews when you could be working trying to get a first if your not good enough to get in?
uthinkilltellu

Were you referring to my post, or was that just totally random?
random.

but refering to your post - you have a better chance than the people with lower grades and less work experience than you, but less chance than the people with equal grades with longer/more involving/related work experience than you.
Just wondering, for those who have been through the Summer Internship, do they still have to go through the Graduate Training Scheme? I have not done any Summer internship, and I will be in my final year this October. The last option that I have is to apply straight to the Graduate Training Scheme.

I have got:
650 UCAS points with top grade in Maths; 8A*s and 1A in GCSE. Predicted 2:1 in BSc Physics at Durham university. I have no finance/banking related job experience, as I have spent most of my holidays travelling around Europe. I have worked part-time as a tour guide, waiting staff, and a student mentor. Some of my voluntary work include working in a hospital, and help developing a website database. I have also been through 3 months military training.

What are my chances of getting into IB??
How many A levels did you study lol?
prospectivEEconomist
How many A levels did you study lol?

I did International Baccalaureate Diploma programme. According to UCAS tariff guide, I'm awarded 650 UCAS point.
What was your IB score? Employers will not convert IB points to UCAS points as the conversion isn't right. I would personally be insulted if my 4 A's were equal to 32 IB points.
Reply 53

What was your IB score? Employers will not convert IB points to UCAS points as the conversion isn't right. I would personally be insulted if my 4 A's were equal to 32 IB points.

what is an IB score?
To be exact, it's 652 UCAS points. I have scored 40 points in the diploma, with triple 7s in all higher level subjects. I think it doesn't really matter. The work experience probably plays a bigger role.

Anyway, back to my question. What are my chances?
Just apply and see. You will compete with others who have internships, so just hope for the best!
sahil112
what is an IB score?

International Baccalaureate (IB).
Reply 57
thank you :smile:
This thread is pointless, just do your best and see where you go. If a random person on TSR tells you that you have no chance, are you gonna give up? Or on the other hand if a stranger tells you that you've definitely got what it takes are you off to buy a pair of red suspenders and some grease to slick back your hair?
Reply 59
NW8_SW1_EC3
This thread is pointless, just do your best and see where you go. If a random person on TSR tells you that you have no chance, are you gonna give up? Or on the other hand if a stranger tells you that you've definitely got what it takes are you off to buy a pair of red suspenders and some grease to slick back your hair?

No, but if i was to post here i'd hope people where wolud help me indicating what parts on my CV i still need to work on to increase my chances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending