The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

JazzyJo
but come on, a MONTH. in the whole scheme of life, thats really nothing.

its not healthy to be so attached

Personally I don't find it to be unhealthy either, though.

All relationships are different, some are more attached and dependent than others. I don't think that makes them unhealthier than a more independent relationship.

Guess this is an agree to disagree thing, though :biggrin:
JazzyJo
but come on, a MONTH. in the whole scheme of life, thats really nothing.

its not healthy to be so attached

I could equally argue that, to a partner you seem to be in a serious relationship with, it's unhealthy to not miss them at all.

Why is it so unhealthy to be so attached? Because it doesn't fit your ideal of a relationship?

A month isn't much in the grand scheme of your life - but in a relationship, when you've only been together for a month, a year, three years - it is quite a change. As I said, I struggle with being apart from my boyfriend for a week - but then, when we were together, I'm used to spending every single day and every single night together for the last ten weeks, so to be apart for even a week is quite a huge time.
Reply 22
Flummox
My boyfriend left yesterday to go away for a month to Africa where he's kinda without any communication device. We've always had a really intense relationship and spend nearly all our time with each other.. I don't think I've gone more than 2 days without seeing him since he went away for a fortnight in April. That was hard enough and we weren't half as dependent on each other as we are now. The past 2 weeks we've been trying to see each other as much as possible so we've basically lived at each others' houses. So now I've gone completely cold turkey. Can't even ring him to say hi. He'll probably have just arrived and will be settling in and won't have had time to sit and miss me. Meanwhile I'm stuck at home getting more and more miserable. I went out last night with some girlfriends which helped to keep my mind off it but I'm already starting to get upset. Everyone keeps telling me he'll be back before I know it and I know he will be.. I just feel so pathetic to be getting so upset when he's hardly away for very long. It's the fact I can't even talk to him which is getting to me the most. I'm dying to hear that he's okay and to tell him I love him and miss him. He said he's going to try really hard to find somewhere to get on facebook or to give me a ring but since he hasn't got his phone and he's in a really rural area I don't know when he'll get a chance. People keep telling me to keep busy which is all fine and well but it's the times when you're sitting alone watching a DVD or lying in bed when it really hits. Most of my friends are away at the moment as well so I feel pretty isolated. Blah.

I know I'm definitely not the first person to feel like this and that a lot of people on here cope without seeing their boyfriend/girlfriend for a lot longer but I'd love a bit of reassurance that I can make it through. It'll probably do us both a world of good in the long run - I can focus on my work for a few weeks and he can learn a thing or two about responsibility (hehe), and hopefully it'll make us appreciate each other a bit more. Someone tell me it'll stop hurting so much soon? :rolleyes:

I know this thread was from a week ago and you've had all the advice you need probably, but I just had to post as a vent cos i'm feeling exactly the same :frown:

I saw my boyfriend today for the first time in 3 weeks and it's going to be another 3 weeks till I see him again and I'm so miserable :frown: he's travelling in Asia with a couple of friends so I feel lucky now I've read this that I can text him! but calling is a rarity because it's SO expensive and I don't want to contact too much being all sad and "i miss you" because I know he's meant to be having fun.

I'm trying to find a job cos I know it will help if I do something that takes up time and doesn't leave me time to mope about thinking about him.

also seeing him today was really really fantastic, so console yourself that when you see him again it will just be amazing. although saying that I worry that when he comes back, the expectations will be too high cos we look forward to it so much and that I won't live up to it :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending