The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ahmadjan3
which uni was it r u sure it was Mpharm not some foundation

I'm not willing to say which institution and it was "Pharmacy" as i was told, so presuming MPharm. And as a note, the uni in question is considered one of the "better" uni's for Pharmacy
Irrelevance
I'm not willing to say which institution and it was "Pharmacy" as i was told, so presuming MPharm. And as a note, the uni in question is considered one of the "better" uni's for Pharmacy

which area is it :p: why not willing to say?
Reply 22
becauseeee its a joke :smile:
ahmadjan3
why not willing to say?

Cos nobody would believe me and then go, "Oh yah, obveusly jk, k?"
Irrelevance
Cos nobody would believe me and then go, "Oh yah, obveusly jk, k?"

as long as its not the uni i am going to i will believe you :p: but then again there is no chance they would get in with a u in chem in top uni
bet its LJMU, hahaha
Do you actually know it's 100% true or have you just heard it from somebody else? There must have been exceptional circumstances for it to happen.
Reply 27
oh by the way what is ucas points ? it said this im my application form for summer placement?
Tiger: Nah, it's not JMU lol

Emmz: Being honest, i heard it from somebody else, so i don't know the full story
hiii...can anyone help meee..im currently studying biomedical science at the university of salford. My A-level grades are as below:

Biology - C
Chemistry - D
Critical Thinking - D
English - B
Maths (AS) - C

I am resitting some of my A-level modules in Biology, Chemistry and English this summer to hopefully achieve better grades. In my January examinations for Biomedical Science at The University of Salford, I have received over 70% in all four examinations. I asked bradford if they would let me in for sseptember 2009 and the woman said if my predicted a level grades were BBB they would be more than happy to consider a UCAS application from me?...does this mean i have to go through ucas all over again??? :smile: x
ConfusedChick
hiii...can anyone help meee..im currently studying biomedical science at the university of salford. My A-level grades are as below:

Biology - C
Chemistry - D
Critical Thinking - D
English - B
Maths (AS) - C

I am resitting some of my A-level modules in Biology, Chemistry and English this summer to hopefully achieve better grades. In my January examinations for Biomedical Science at The University of Salford, I have received over 70% in all four examinations. I asked bradford if they would let me in for sseptember 2009 and the woman said if my predicted a level grades were BBB they would be more than happy to consider a UCAS application from me?...does this mean i have to go through ucas all over again??? :smile: x

I'd say so, yeah. If not, ring up to clarify, good luck with it all
thanksss..but my applications late..like isnt 15th jan the final date?
ConfusedChick

Not sure, to be honest. Best ring and ask them
Reply 33
ConfusedChick

it might be different as you are transferring unis...possibly the deadline is in june but pleaase check that, as many unis have different requirements.
Reply 34
Just to tell everyone, my friend's got a pharmacy offer of CCC, but it is for huddersfield. And that only happened cos they really loved her and she did a good job in the tests they gave. So all she needs is CCC to get into pharmacy.
Fizzee
Just to tell everyone, my friend's got a pharmacy offer of CCC, but it is for huddersfield. And that only happened cos they really loved her and she did a good job in the tests they gave. So all she needs is CCC to get into pharmacy.

whoa CCC thats good news for her. I assume some of the newer schools are giving lower offers. My cousin got in with BCC but that was about 6 years ago.
AABBB (As in chem and bio) got me into pharmacy unconditional at RGU
Reply 37
Fizzee

In reply to Fizzee, this information is not correct, i am the admissions tutor for pharmacy and no one has been made an offer of CCC. They may have an offer for pharmaceutical science or this is what they may be predicted. My standard offer is BBB, many tutors may come down a grade or two when the results are available in order to fill the course but it is highly unlikely that you would be admitted with CCC, academically they would not be able to cope with the degree.

For information, new Schools of pharmacy are no different from established schools when admitting students. Standard offers of ABB and BBB reflect the competition there are for places and new schools do not take academically weak students because we are constantly reviewed by the RPSGB and they would certainly pick up on this and withhold accreditation. In addition to this the competition for places is the same if not higher because of the number of places available.
Reply 38
Admission
In reply to Fizzee, this information is not correct, i am the admissions tutor for pharmacy and no one has been made an offer of CCC. They may have an offer for pharmaceutical science or this is what they may be predicted. My standard offer is BBB, many tutors may come down a grade or two when the results are available in order to fill the course but it is highly unlikely that you would be admitted with CCC, academically they would not be able to cope with the degree.

For information, new Schools of pharmacy are no different from established schools when admitting students. Standard offers of ABB and BBB reflect the competition there are for places and new schools do not take academically weak students because we are constantly reviewed by the RPSGB and they would certainly pick up on this and withhold accreditation. In addition to this the competition for places is the same if not higher because of the number of places available.

I'm sorry, I asked her and she says that she's been given the standard offer, but on results day may be let in with a CCC.
Reply 39
Unlikely with CCC unless a significant amount of pharmacy experience and some pharmacy qualifications. I would advise to either go back and resit the A-levels or if pharmacy is the only career that she wants to pursue then to undertake a science foundation year at University

Latest

Trending

Trending