The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mothercare..

I'm attending a interview/recruitment drive for a mothercare job soonish so i was wondering if anyone has any tips for preperation?! Cos i have no idea where to start...(this is my first and so far i know i need to dress smart :s-smilie:)
What usually happens at a recruitment drive??
Hmmmm well look up interviews online so that you can get yourself familiar with questions that they may ask you. At least you will be more prepared and will be able to answer most questions confidently
Reply 2
When I went for an interview at Mothercare we were split into pairs then had to tell the group about the other person. Then had to take one of their products from a table and sell it to the group.
Reply 3
Almond
When I went for an interview at Mothercare we were split into pairs then had to tell the group about the other person. Then had to take one of their products from a table and sell it to the group.

..I went for it recently and it was full of group activities, but then there was a hard one to one interview after..thanks for the heads up though!
These posts are all really helpful. I have a sales advisor group interview with Mothercare tomorrow evening, and after reading all your posts I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm naturally a confident and enthusiastic person, so the group situation doesn't intimidate me, as I imagine it may do for some others, but I know its important to make myself stand out in a positive way.
If -like me- you don't have children of your own or extensive experience of caring for children, you should probably attempt to prove your knowledge of the products and customers more. Otherwise, I think internet research like this is a great way to boost your confidence.