The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Jobs around KCL and it's residences

Hi, moving out this September and need to get a part time job from the go to help with living expenses etc. A few people have already told me that around the University there were a fair number of job opportunities, but can anyone confirm this?

I am thinking of taking my CV down a few weeks early and see if I can line something up... would this be a wise move (assuming that come term time, a lot of people will be in similar positions as me thus drying up a lot of vacancies)?
Reply 1
I think jobs for next year are already up on www.kclsu.org
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Thanks dude :smile: I didn't even think to apply with the Union to be honest.

+ Rep :biggrin:
Reply 3
£ ?
:smile:
Reply 4
Frieza
£ ?
:smile:

It's an option I suppose. I will still look around once I get there. :redface:
Reply 5
No, really, does anybody know how much could you earn per hour in

- a job within the university
- a job like McDonalds/pub/restaurant
- a job like call centre
Reply 6
A job with the Union pays about £5.25 an hour...
Reply 7
Do BA History students tend to work during term-time? Just wondered because of the reputation this course has for a heavy workload.
Reply 8
Felixbubble
Do BA History students tend to work during term-time? Just wondered because of the reputation this course has for a heavy workload.

You can work a few hours a week I suppose, but it depends on your working/partying habits. If you work and read really slowly, it probably isn't advised that you go out partying every night. But if you can handle the fast-pace, then there's no reason why you can't handle a job on the side.

Latest