The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
michaela_banana
Flat 5 which stair, or do you mean stair 5?? (hermit's croft this is) I was in stair 5 flat 6 2006-7, would be awesome if someone was there now!

I have just checked because I did not know about the stairs and I am staircase 3, flat 5! So close. :frown:

Still thankyou to everyone for the supermarket suggestions - I need to know where I can go for my pot noodle. :yep:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Warrender Park Crescent (Flat 2), Can't wait!
Reply 42
Warrender Park Crescent (flat 23) - anyone else? Also, does anyone know which bit of the building it's in - top floor, bottom floor, facing Meadows, facing street, etc? Thanks!
Reply 43
Warrender Park Crescent (flat 26). Wooo! Does anyone have any photos of the inside of this building they can share?
Reply 44
did everyone else get the email from the facebook group?
Reply 45
FTC199
did everyone else get the email from the facebook group?

What facebook group!?
I'm missing out on infos :biggrin:
Darroch Court Flat 7

I'm pretty damn excited now, I may even have a part time job waiting for me, the company I'm working for is trying to transfer me up to the Edinburgh office :biggrin:
Reply 47
It looks like you are from Serbia. Which company are you working for? just curious :smile:
Fraser 354. I can't wait, just over one month till move in!
Reply 49
Grum Fox
What facebook group!?
I'm missing out on infos :biggrin:

the message sent to the group was

Hello all,

first, to everyone who has just got Highers results, congratulations. I hope you got what you wanted. I just thought I'd message everyone to answer some concerns posted on the board. The mian question was accommodation allocation.

Unconditionals:

For those of you who have unconditional offers, there were some delays in getting you all procreesed. However, I just spoke to Accommodation Services to chase them up, and they are going to email you all later tonight to let you know what's going on, and they should have allocated you a room by then.

Scottish students:

If you just got your Highers, and accepted an offer from Edinburgh, they are hoping to have you allocated to your room by the 9th of August.

A level students:

clearly you don't have your results yet, but they'll get you sorted asap after this.

international students:

this depends on when your results are, etc.

Let me know if there are any other problems.

I look forwards to meeting lots of you in Freshers' week.

have fun,

Adam Ramsay

(President, Edinburgh University Students Association)

also the group is http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13904022711
Reply 50
facebook page for those of us in Warrender Park Crescent- here
what was nicolson street like inside? that's where i got but i haven't seen the place or anything. i know they're all supposed to be quite similar but i'm sure some are more modern than others and stuff.
Reply 52
WackoJacko12345
what was nicolson street like inside? that's where i got but i haven't seen the place or anything. i know they're all supposed to be quite similar but i'm sure some are more modern than others and stuff.

The stairwell is a bit shabby but the flats are the same as anywhere else.
Reply 53
Kincaid's court - 12 person flat, seems a lot lmao
Reply 54
finlayash
Kincaid's court - 12 person flat, seems a lot lmao

Woah, you guys are going to have fun. :O

You may never be able to establish who stole the last of the milk but still, sounds good. :P
Hey, I'm Warrender Park Crescent, Flat 21 :-)
Reply 56
Have any A-level students here received accommodation offers yet?
tricks

To help you out on that, I applied early for accommodation last year (around early March) and didn't receive an offer until around 7 or 8 days after receiving my results. My girlfriend didn't get hers for another few days after that...
Reply 58
tricks

Nope. Don't worry about it though, we'll get accomodation offers soon enough :smile:.
Reply 59
apparently my cousin got a text 2 days before her results saying the uni couldnt offer her any accommodation (she had it as insurance) and now she is coming to edinburgh so if there is nothing for her then ive got a problem because you can just bet my aunt will want me to live with her in a flat as i cant get accommodation either because i live in edinburgh but there is no way on earth i will live with her!

this story was from my cousin to my aunt (her mum) to my grandma to me though so it could be convoluted!

Latest

Trending

Trending