The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Reading and Chester ask for 3 B's I think. I know they are not the highest in the league tables but they are decent uni's and are good back ups for your grade range. What other uni's are you looking at and what type of uni would you like to go to (ie, city or campus?)
Reply 2
i don't care weather its a city campus or whatever. there's LSE (AAB), Sheffield (AAB), Nottingham (AAB), Birmingham (ABB)
Reply 3
T kay
Cambridge?

Hull.
Reply 4
And you need one more? Well I'd suggest Reading and Chester (as previously said) and look at some websites of some other uni's that you've heard of and stuff and see if there is anywhere that you like the look of.
Cardiff!
Reply 6
Universities you could consider include:

- Lancaster
- SOAS
- Queen Mary, UoL
Reply 7
Mine were Lancaster and Liverpool (both ABB)

What about Cardiff?
Reply 8
Brookes
Reply 9
Cessie
Mine were Lancaster and Liverpool (both ABB)

What about Cardiff?

I think both Liverpool and Cardiff are AAB now. I'd suggest Reading (my insurance and I really liked the look of their first year programme, it's very flexible), Leicester, Oxford Brookes, Lancaster or maybe Hull (they offer a scholarship if you get ABB in your A-levels).
As already suggested really:

Lancaster ABB
Hull BBB
Reading BBB
Edinburgh BBB (apparently they like you to be expecting more but as you are then that is okay).

Bangor 220-260 points was my real insurance choice.

To be honest though, I think you should decide exactly what you want first - what periods/themes you'd like to study, whether you'd like to have industry links or the opportunity to go on research teams, where you want to be geographically and in terms of campus/city, urban/rural etc. There are lots of universities that offer good courses for <ABB but which one you should apply for depends on your interests as they are all very different.

Good luck anyway.

:smile:
Reply 11
affinity89
As already suggested really:

Lancaster ABB
Hull BBB
Reading BBB
Edinburgh BBB (apparently they like you to be expecting more but as you are then that is okay).

Bangor 220-260 points was my real insurance choice.

To be honest though, I think you should decide exactly what you want first - what periods/themes you'd like to study, whether you'd like to have industry links or the opportunity to go on research teams, where you want to be geographically and in terms of campus/city, urban/rural etc. There are lots of universities that offer good courses for <ABB but which one you should apply for depends on your interests as they are all very different.

Good luck anyway.

yeh, i would like to go to a big city, anywhere apart from Leicester, because i live there now and i don't want to stay at home lol.
so yeh, big uni's, big cities, lots of societies, lots of people, lots of shopping and entertainment.
are lancaster and hull big uni's as well as big cities??
abu.10
yeh, i would like to go to a big city, anywhere apart from Leicester, because i live there now and i don't want to stay at home lol.
so yeh, big uni's, big cities, lots of societies, lots of people, lots of shopping and entertainment.
are lancaster and hull big uni's as well as big cities??

Lancaster is a campus university about 3 miles from the city. But it has so many things on campus that it doesn't really matter - including 9 bars plus loads of shops, a cinema, sports centre and pool etc. The city itself isn't that big but again it has everything you need and plenty of bars and high street (as well as quirky) shops.

Hull is kind of a campus university but it is very close to Cottingham (?) which has plenty of entertainment sources and shops etc. Hull itself is quite large and has everything you could need to be honest. The main accommodation site is three miles from campus and is called The Lawns and that is said to have its own student atmosphere due to the number of people it houses.

affinity89
Lancaster is a campus university about 3 miles from the city. But it has so many things on campus that it doesn't really matter - including 9 bars plus loads of shops, a cinema, sports centre and pool etc. The city itself isn't that big but again it has everything you need and plenty of bars and high street (as well as quirky) shops.

Hull is kind of a campus university but it is very close to Cottingham (?) which has plenty of entertainment sources and shops etc. Hull itself is quite large and has everything you could need to be honest. The main accommodation site is three miles from campus and is called The Lawns and that is said to have its own student atmosphere due to the number of people it houses.

Yup. Also, I've visited both of those, Lancaster is my insurance, and I would concur with what you said, definitely.
abu.10

Are you considering London? Because Queen Mary, SOAS and Goldsmiths would be good options.
Reply 15
fake plastic love
Are you considering London? Because Queen Mary, SOAS and Goldsmiths would be good options.

They're all great unis, however I'd be wary of having an insurance in London because I don't know how easily you'd be able to get uni accomodation as they often don't even have enough for the firm people. Obviously there are loads of private rentals available but they'd be more expensive and overall I think it'd be less hassle to get accomodation at an insurance uni that wasn't in London.
Newcastle, York, Leicester, Royal Holloway
Oxford Brookes, Goldsmiths, Canterbury Christ Church?

As suggested above, look at the courses first, they are very different.

Good luck.

X
Reply 18
Balky_Bear
Newcastle,

AAB is their typical offer, isn't it?

A little late but I'll just back up what's already been said about Reading. Their offer is typically 300 points (so BBB), it's a vibrant enough place with decent transport links to London (for an occasional trip perhaps) and is a solid university. I can't comment on the course, however. Failing that then Edinburgh (which would be a little bit more of a gamble).

Latest