The Student Room Group

Exam costs for external students!

Okay I have just started A levels in chemistry and Biology as a distance learner, so need to find myself a college to sit my exams in as an external student.
I have found the colleges seem to quote varied prices from £30-£70 per unit. Was just wondering if there are any people out there who have studied this way and what price they paid per unit.
Thanks
Reply 1
i got told £45 to retake each unit if i need to do resits at the college i have just left. tbh, i think they raised it a bit to push me into working hard
Reply 2
For A2 level retakes when i'm not enrolled in my college - £100 for the first exam £80 thereafter :eek:
^WOW.. thats insane.
My school charges about 40quid i think for exams (a level, first round)... but i am overseas so i dont know what of that is courier fees ect.
i would not expect you to be charged more than that surely
I did some units privately (I go to a state comprehensive so don't need to pay normally), with £59 a unit.
Reply 5
I paid £35/module for mine in Edinburgh.
Reply 6
for A Level Units (AS 1, 2 & 3) paid £150 so £50 per Unit. GCSE Science (A) £9 Per Unit x 6 + 1
Reply 7
London271
for A Level Units (AS 1, 2 & 3) paid £150 so £50 per Unit. GCSE Science (A) £9 Per Unit x 6 + 1

Is that in London, would it be okay to pm you to get the college details?

Thanks

Latest