The Student Room Group

Missed deadlines!

ive missed the deadline for replying to my offers by a long way but i have exceptional circumstances due to the death of uncle i went back home and was unable to make a decision and was actually kind of unaware of the deadline but after clearing my head and returning i decided i wanted to take up one of my offers but obviously it was automatically rejected and that was a long time ago! i emailed the admissions tutor explaining my case and asked to be allowed to accept the offer, do you guys wreckon i will still be able too?

its ucl chem eng... anyone ever had to do the same thing??
Reply 1
Don't just e-mail them, that could take ages. Phone them tomorrow, ask if they can accept you through clearing if you meet what would've been your offer.

Does your school know about this, so they can confirm it?

UCL usually fill up though...so i'm not sure what'll happen.
Reply 2
my school doesnt know much to be honest i went after school ended but it was still in the 2 week period of me saying no to the automated rejection thing! i messed up, i guess ill phone them and see what happens....
Reply 3
well i got a response via email as the admissions tutor is on hols, he said hell ask the faculty administrator but he is also on holidays! till 4th august. he sounded okay with it though? im hoping he will be and ill get onto this course! :-D
Reply 4
UCAS said that the only way to do it, is if they accept me via clearing but its 100% down to the uni... do u think they will? i dont see the problem not like UCL was in ucas extra and they gave more offers out since i had mine... and i have a genuine reason.. i hope so...
Reply 5
lol i take it no one has any help for me and its never happened to someone before...