The Student Room Group

physics june 2008 !i want to know what grades you are expecting!

ok i know it sounds foolish to post a new thread for edexcel physics alone but i just couldnt resist because my result doesnt sound very good . yesterday with the help of the marking schemes online i checked my ppers and looks like im not getting a B.

so i wanted to know if your exams went like A grade or not which will obviously have an effect on the grade boundries and give me margin for some hope so that i can start being practical and expect the grade that i might be getting

phy 1-B
phy 2-A
phy 3-B
phy 4-C
phy 5 -i know im getting a U
so i didn't bother cheking it
phy 6-B

AS practicals-B I HOPE SO
(yes if any of u know the usual grade boundries for practicals please let me know)
A2 practical-A

i know that because of a U in phy 5 my grade is gonna be something like a D:no:
:woo: as all my B's are on the boundary line :no: .
[Moderator edit: please do not use text speak]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i've already gotten an A overall for AS but i'm afraid my A2 grade will pull me down big time.
I already got a B for unit 4 and i'm expectin a B in phy 5 (if i get lucky) and nothin more than a C for phy 6 :frown:
I needed a very low D in PHY5 and 6 to get an A overall so I'd say an a :P
Reply 3
Haha, I'm getting a D. Edexcel physics just never clicked with me.

Holy crap, look what I just realised!

Phy1=A
Phy2=B
Phy3=C
Phy4=D
Phy5=Probably E
Phy6=Probably U

:biggrin:
Reply 4
thelostchild
I needed a very low D in PHY5 and 6 to get an A overall so I'd say an a :P

so u mean even after getting very low D's in 2 units u can get an A?

That sound slik sorta gud news 2 me coz i thought that my B might fal down to a C coz of the U in unit 5

CAN NYONE TEL ME WAT % OF THE PRACTICALS IS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION .IS IT 12%?
Reply 5
did only phy1,2,3. after marking using the mark schemes, i think i'll get;

Unit 1: 52/60
Unit 2: 49/60
Unit 3 (astrophysics): 30/32
Unit 3 (practical): 35/48 - no mark scheme for this, just a rough guess.

i then took an average of the grade boundaries from all the past june papers since 04 and then put them into the UMS converter and used trial and error to see what UMS mark i'd get. it seems with those current marks i'll be heading for around 270-280/300....but then again i'm only using an average for the grade boundaries and the converter will obviously have a few bugs. don't want to get my hopes up too high and finally end up with a worse mark.
Reply 6
oh u r doing as im doing a2
PHB1 - retook and found quite easy.Hopefully at least 95/105
PHB2 - 86/105
PHB3 - 74/90
PHB4 - 75/90
PHB5 - made quite a mess of it really , saw the first question and I lost quite a bit of confidence thereafter.I could answer quite a few of the questions although I probably didn't think through.Looking at perhaps 72-80/120 , but given low boundaries I might do a bit better than that :smile:
PHB6 - OK overall.Rushed the first practical exam but really nailed the second one.Moderate A grade hopefully.
Overall - I'll probably edge an A out , certainly a B but difficult to predict somewhat.
Reply 8
Unit 5 was pure and utter DEATH - I was sooo depressed by it. Unit 6 has been better in the past... dammit. God help us!
Reply 9
im so sad to see so many of you tell me that you are expecting an A :angry:OH GOD ! IM DOOOMEED .I jus spoke to a freind though ,poor thing started to console me by telling me i might be able to get a B but i know i might just be able to scrape a D and get a C.

phy 1-B
phy 2-A
phy 3-B
phy 4-C
phy 5 -i know im getting a U
so i didn't bother cheking it
phy 6-B

AS practicals-B I HOPE SO
(yes if any of u know the usual grade boundries for practicals please let me know)
A2 practical-A
Reply 10
doing salters horners edexcel
got
psa1- B
psa2- B
psa3- B
psa4- B
i should think that im on course for a B :smile:
N.B. This is an EDEXCEL Physics thread...

I got As in PHY1-4 so I am only awaiting results in PHY5 and 6. PHY6 went okay and so did the PHY5 practical. The written PHY5, on the other hand, was NOT good for me :frown:

I want an A overall. Good luck everybody - fingers crossed!
D grade :frown:
PHY1 - A 83/90
PHY2 - A 81/90
PHY3 - B 95/120
PHY4 - A 90/90
PHY5 - B 70/90 (Predicting)
PHY6 - A 100/120 (Predicting)
Reply 14
PHY1 - B
PHY2 - C
PHY3 - B
PHY4 - A
PHY5/6 - WHO KNOWS. Messed PHY6 up big time....

Im averaged at 73%, I just need a B in physics and then im done! It better not screw me over again!
Reply 15
:frown: everybody seems to have done well here .how come you are all expecting an A at phy 4 ?
Reply 16
I had all ready taken it in january. Got an A exactly 72/90. My only A in physics (this far!)
i hope i got
1 A
2 A
3 (pratical) A
4 C
5 C
6 (pratical) A/B

but in reality ill probably end up with a D or C overall
Reply 18
ok kool.
sana123
:frown: everybody seems to have done well here .how come you are all expecting an A at phy 4 ?

Did it in January too!

Latest