The Student Room Group

Call centre questions

Hi everyone,

After weeks and weeks of looking, I've finally found a summer job in a call centre. Pay is £6.50 an hour and the calls are outbound. Its only temp for about 5/6 weeks so its not too bad. I have a few questions though:

1) What is the most likely method of payment? Are call centres usually cash in hand?
2) What do I wear? Do you think jeans and stuff like that is ok for call centre work or should I make an effort to look smart?
3) What is the work actually like? I havent been told much about it. Is it really as depressing as some people say? Lol

Thanks for any help :smile:
roobyloo
Hi everyone,

After weeks and weeks of looking, I've finally found a summer job in a call centre. Pay is £6.50 an hour and the calls are outbound. Its only temp for about 5/6 weeks so its not too bad. I have a few questions though:

1) What is the most likely method of payment? Are call centres usually cash in hand?
2) What do I wear? Do you think jeans and stuff like that is ok for call centre work or should I make an effort to look smart?
3) What is the work actually like? I havent been told much about it. Is it really as depressing as some people say? Lol

Thanks for any help :smile:

1. Bank, although I did have cash in hand job once.

2. My last call center job we had a uniform and I'm not joking. Black trousers and black shoes along with company tshirt and cardigan. Weekends we were allowed to wear jeans and trainers woopee!

3. 90% of callers are fine, the rest are idiots. In the end I would hang up on people if they annoyed me or I'd pretend I couldn't hear them, hello, are you still on the line sir? hello? hahhaahha!

I have worked in both inbound and outbound centers.
Reply 2
i much prefer inbound to outbound but yeh..

If you're working through an agency you usually get paid weekly if not through bank end of month last friday of the month etc etc depends on the company

some call centres ask you to dress smart during the week; others dont mind casual clothes but draw the line at mini skirts and crop tops.

if its only for a few weeks then you'l be ok; be prepared for some rude customers!

Latest

Trending

Trending