The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Is Biology closing or not?!

Hey guys - it's me again!

Okay so I've applied to do Biological Sciences next year...

I'm hearing mixed stories about all these department closures - Xnet says pure Biology is out - does that mean Biological Sciences?

If it is referring to Biological Sciences, can anyone from the uni tell me whether it is closing or not?

I've heard someone say they spoke to the VC and he said Biology is going, someone else has said it's moving to Cornwall, someone else says Tremough, and someone's said the VC's statement says that he wants to focus more on Human Biology and Medicine.

If the last one's true does that mean Biology will have its course altered to focus more on humans? Cos I'm happy to do that!! But I'm really on edge now especially seeing as I haven't heard anything offer-wise from Exeter.

Any info (hopefully reliable of course) will be very much appreciated!

xxx
Reply 1
Nobody here really knows much about biology. The university havent realeased anything to students saying exactly what is happening. All that we know is that they are closing chemistry, music and italian. The guild is meeting with the VC later today and they should hopefully be able to tell us firstly what exactly is happening and secondly what their view on it is. As far as I know Pure Biology is going, but what constitutes pure biology isnt really known!

And btw, Tremough is Cornwall
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Oops... I knew that... so should my boyfriend seeing as he's at unversity down there doing geography!

Thanks for you help

xxx
Reply 3
Apparently Exepose (the newspaper) has had to change their posters as biology is safe. Its just chemistry, music and italian.

And i do geography here too!
From what i know Chemistry/Italian/Music are all going

there will be dramatical changes to Engineering/Computer Science/Maths - but not closures more likely a reduction in choice of modules combined with staff redundancies. i have managed to locate a secrete department email sent to staff but i havnt read it yet....so if that has more details ill let you know!

everything else is safe for now.

love Katy**
Reply 5
My ex does bio and they were all told today by their relelvent head that NO BIOLOGY IS NOT CLOSING.

But watch this space in terms of Chem

Latest

Trending

Trending