The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
Yeh, the students union are great to be honest - they have an online and poster job board. There are jobs available on campus in the uni bars and cafes, but LUSU usually have some jobs that companies in the centre are looking to fill.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
nasph
Yeh, the students union are great to be honest - they have an online and poster job board. There are jobs available on campus in the uni bars and cafes, but LUSU usually have some jobs that companies in the centre are looking to fill.

Yup, LUSU have a job board in their office on campus and also an online website (which is currently being revamped) where you'll receive email notifications of any jobs suitable to your tastes. Also on campus is LUVU which is the voluntary unit if you are just looking for work experience, and based in CEEC (careers advice) is a service called UNITE which is basically ~10 week placements in a variety of companies oncampus and in the Lancaster area. If you apply for jobs early on in the term you'll have the best chance to get something, but jobs are always up for grabs throughout the year; I guess it just depends how picky you are; bar work, promotion stuff, questionnaires etc ...
Reply 3
Work for LUSU! I work both the campus shops and it's lots of fun. Hard job to get mind as I get asked every day I work if there any vacancies, just sign up to Jobshop - on the lusu website.
Reply 4
do people work in Lancaster itself?
i've always fancied a job at HMV...
Reply 5
Only jobs I've seen there on Christmas temp jobs..
Reply 6
I dont think it is that difficult to find a job, just apply everywhere, that is what my friends did. With relatively little effort they managed to get jobs in various restaurants and bars.

I didnt have a job for my first year, since I got the bursary (muhaha), but I also did OTC which was great fun and yielded a bit of backpocket spending money!
Reply 7
There are also quite afew jobs on campus aswell, so its worth looking into it as the uni can often give good pay and move around lectures

Latest

Trending

Trending