The Student Room Group

AS/A level OCR psychology coursework help

Hiya,
The mods have recently noticed the amount of coursework threads that have been created for psychology and have noticed that coursework has taken over the subforum, not allowing discussion of many other areas within psychology. It also looks like clutter, every other thread being another coursework thread.

In an attempt to clear this clutter and allow others to discuss non-coursework areas of psychology (degree level psychology, for example) it has been decided to create three threads for discussion on the pieces of coursework, one for each examining board.

Any coursework separate threads created will be moved into the appropriate thread, the moderators encourage users to post report any threads that need moving.

This thread is for AQA B psychology coursework (AS or A2), the other threads are:
AS/A level AQA A psychology coursework help
AS/A level AQA B psychology coursework help

:clip:
Reply 1
The PsychBLOG coursework guide has loads of information on how to get the best out of your assignment and practical.

Just a few links that should be useful for all OCR students completing the coursework element.

Ethical Guidelines (you'll need to consider these before you complete your ethical proposal form).

These are really for psych investigations but they're still very relevant

Also, if you're finding it hard to find a study for your background then check out these search engines and sites:
Reply 2
For my experiment in A2, i want to look at how siblings (how many of them, what sex etc) can affect somones confidence. So they may have none die to no siblings, or the other way round.
My problem is, I need to have a previous pyschologists study (who has studied the same type of thing) and results to be able to compare my results to. I have found some, but cannot access any of their work.

Basically I was wondering if anyone would be able to help out.
If you know of any psychologist that has looked at siblings etc
Or even send me a link to a website that would have any information you may think I would find useful.
That seems quite obscure. Just do memory like everyone else :p:
Does the study have to be very similar? I've found one that is about the same subject (gender roles) but otherwise they're quite different.
Also do we only need one? I've heard we need three or four.
Reply 5
When I done mine last September I was told you had to do a replication of a study, but changing the DV.

For example, I replicated someones study on the barum effect in relation to how gullible people are when reading horoscopes, but looked at gender differences in this gullibility.
Im stuck on my statistical test bit. Im doing a Mann-Whitney U test and trying to say why iv chosen it but i really have no idea other than i was told that the other test i was going to do wouldnt work. What does the Mann-Whitney U test actually show? Statistics severely confuse me!
ok i think im gonna make a separate thread for this, but ill post in here anyway.

i need a study to back up my research (which i havent done yet) into the effect of category headings on memory recall. i'm going to show a tray a objects to two groups of subjects - the first group will then write down as many things as they can remember on to a blank piece of paper and the second group will recall items onto a piece of paper with headings on it, eg fruit, books etc.
anyhoo i need a piece of research to back it up!! help please! rep given for advice!

i can find a load of stuff on how people categorise things in their heads (chunking i think its called :s-smilie:) but its not apposite enough.

help please?
isnt_it_ironic
Im stuck on my statistical test bit. Im doing a Mann-Whitney U test and trying to say why iv chosen it but i really have no idea other than i was told that the other test i was going to do wouldnt work. What does the Mann-Whitney U test actually show? Statistics severely confuse me!

i think (but not totally sure :s-smilie:) the Mann-Whitney U test is used if you're looking for a difference between two conditions, and you're using different subjects for each condition (ie an unrelated design). if you were using the same subjects for both conditions (a related design) you would use the wilcoxen test, which is similar. the mann-whitney shows whether there is/isnt a significant difference between the means of the two conditions (im not too sure about that last bit, but i know its definetely showing whether theres a significant difference between something!)
dance-to-the-music
i think (but not totally sure :s-smilie:) the Mann-Whitney U test is used if you're looking for a difference between two conditions, and you're using different subjects for each condition (ie an unrelated design). if you were using the same subjects for both conditions (a related design) you would use the wilcoxen test, which is similar. the mann-whitney shows whether there is/isnt a significant difference between the means of the two conditions (im not too sure about that last bit, but i know its definetely showing whether theres a significant difference between something!)

cheers mdears! thats the last bit i had left to fill :smile: cw complete!!!
isnt_it_ironic
cheers mdears! thats the last bit i had left to fill :smile: cw complete!!!

no problem!! woo lucky you!! and thanks for the rep (if it was you)!
EVERYONE!

http://www.holah.karoo.net/alevel/questionsexaminermay.htm

http://www.holah.karoo.net/alevel/markscheme.htm

This is pretty helpful. The coursework is broken down and simplified.
It's really not hard once you know what to do.
I'm doing mine atm and I've stopped stressing now cause of the websites.

GOOD LUCK ALL!
Hi, if i can help in any way, just ask.

Latest

Trending

Trending