The Student Room Group
hey, I applied for 'archaeology and anthropology' / 'anthropology' courses for entry this year.

My predicted grades (the ones put on my form) were AAAA. But you wont need that probably, since standard offers are generally ABB or lower. My offers ranged from ABB down to 280 points (BBC ish)
Reply 2
I'm applying to archaeology for '09 at Glasgow, Edinburgh, York, Dundee and somewhere else as yet undetermined.
Obviously my shortlist is subject to change...

I like the flexibility of the scottish universities, hence their prevalence in me list.

I don't know my predicted A2 grades yet...

I have had a bad year and my AS grades will probably uninspiring, however I am droppingbtwo subjects and taking up two new AS's next year.

I think the grades required for archaeology are SLIGHTLY lower than some other courses as the archaeology course will likely be less oversubscribed.
I think most of the places I am applying want BBB/ABB
I applied for Archaeology at St Andrews, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh and History at Stirling (application filler) i got unconditionals for all of them after getting AAABBC in my highers. Finally opted for Glasgow, though.
Reply 4
I applied for anthropology to Durham, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Kent and Sussex. Had predicted AAAB, bout average requirements were ABB. Got accepted everywhere, and then chose Durham and Edinburgh, then got into Durham with my results.

Do you have any ideas now where you want to go?

Latest