The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Im planning on doing a day, maybe two of preperation before mine. :biggrin:
3 weeks? you havin a laugh??? jokes but seriously....

honestly though you can hardly do any preperation for this. just do the online practice tests the day before or whatever and turn up and do it. it isn't like a normal exam, ya can't revise it all etc

if you revise for 3 weeks then you'll probly have bored yourself and run out of material to read by the end of the first few days and just have to look at the same stuff from then on.....
Reply 3
I spent about 3 or 4 nights going through a book. I don't feel like it helped me much.
You've got enough time. Yeah be careful, doing a lot of it now will cause you to run out of sources as it gets closer to the exam. Ease your way into practising.

I've got mine in 16 days.
Reply 5
Mines on 20th August and I'm kinda scared too. I know there's hardly anything to revise, but surely there must be tips and stuff?
Reply 6
The test attempts to gauge raw ability - over 1 day of preparation is most likely going to be superfluous.

Familiarise yourself with the layout of the test and maybe get that guide on UKCAT-BMAT [cant remember the author's name]. If you really want to do more preparation, the only thing I can advise you on are those IQ books.
Reply 7
a few days or a week maximum is more than enough.
If you panic with 3 weeks to go I worry for you. This test is tiny. Its basically an IQ test (with a slight twist) so as long as you have an average IQ you will get at least an average mark. Don't panic, don't worry, just look at the practice test on the website and that WILL be enough. If you need any help I am here if you need it. :smile:
Haven't booked mine yet but I bought 'Passing the UKCAT' - by Felicity Taylor and that's helped me alot (with the abstract reasoning). Other than that i've done some online tests and familiarised myself with the format of the test - I think that's all you can do really! Good luck ;]
Reply 10
does any one have any tips for the quantitative section?
Reply 11
the QR is my worst section, i didnt do maths to alevel which things a lot worse for me. verbal reasoning worries me - i take way too much time reading the passage before answering the q's

Latest

Trending

Trending