The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sweetnfresh2
It's for protecting for our own health, so who cares what others think about the style? But, of course it's a sort of fashion statement too. I'd like to look cool with designer frames for my sunglasses. I've got two pairs of sunglasses by Ralph Lauren and Guess.

Mine cost £10 off of ASOS :biggrin:

Do you not worry about scratching the lenses?
mire
you wouldn't even believe it, love!!

Im sure i would !
Reply 62
Bavarian Motor Works
Im sure i would !

glad you do! and glad I got my fake ray-ban!!
'H' from Steps once said that he used to think that celebs who always wore shades in interviews were really pretentious... until he realised that it meant he could fall asleep during Steps interviews and no one would notice! :biggrin:
Reply 64
if you wanna wear sun glasses (i will not call them sunnies) to shade you from the sun thats cool. If you wear glasses indoors, at night or have some that shade your eyes and the majority of your forehead, you are a knob
Reply 65
Bavarian Motor Works
Yes especially when theyre very expensive ones :biggrin:

Then again i usually where sunglasses in the car so im not so sure its the sunglasses theyre mad at :wink:

lol people are born with a fear of bmws. just tailgate them a bit, that'll teach them.

i only get bad at bms when they're been driven by a balding middle aged bloke in a mid life crisis short sleeve short and one arm hanging out the window who couldnt afford the merc. my ford ka is very approachable
SaintMattio
No, they look like they're protecting their eyes from the sun!

lol.

Sense.
mire
glad you do! and glad I got my fake ray-ban!!

Probally enhance the uv rays :biggrin:

CANCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!11111ONEONEONEONEONEELEVEN! :d
Reply 68
You can't really get cheap and decent aviators; they never seem to fit properly and just look cheap. A pair of Ray-Ban aviators cost about £100, although you can get them for less if you're prepared to hunt around. Having said that, I'm not a fan of aviators myself.
Reply 69
who gives a **** about what we wear anyway? some of you need to grow up
Anyone know where I could get some cheap aviators?
Reply 71
I hate talking to people wearing sunglasses. When you can't see someone's eyes, talking to them is not as good.
Reply 72
Protecting eyes...fool
Reply 73
jjbristol
who gives a **** about what we wear anyway? some of you need to grow up

great answer to the question at hand
Reply 74
Bavarian Motor Works
Probally enhance the uv rays :biggrin:

CANCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!11111ONEONEONEONEONEELEVEN! :d

LOLZ!!1!1!!!!11

nah, they are fake but they are Mango's, so it's a decent brand anyway. Didnt buy them in a bazaar, you know.
Reply 75
un4given
great answer to the question at hand

i think it's fair enough. i'm not arrogant if you look back a page their is a reason why i wear them most of the time. how do you know all these ''arrogant'' people dont have some medical condition as i do? i'd say to stereotype is as arrogant as anything else is.
Reply 76
i don't see anything wrong with people who wear them when it's actually sunny....however, people who wear them at night come across as arrogant, or as if they have an extremely bad case of delayed reaction syndrome.
(no, that is not a real thing.)

(at least....i don't think so :|)
Reply 77
I suppose some people look arrogant or snooty in sunglasses. I always look angry when I'm walking about, I'm always thinking about something and apparently I give people dirty looks when I don't even realise I'm doing it..so I reckon my huge sunglasses don't do me any favours in that field.
ColdVein
I hate talking to people wearing sunglasses. When you can't see someone's eyes, talking to them is not as good.

I wear them in the summer to protect my eyes from the sun because the sun is out to get my eyes. Also, I hate making eye contact with some people. :no:
Reply 79
jjbristol
i think it's fair enough. i'm not arrogant if you look back a page their is a reason why i wear them most of the time. how do you know all these ''arrogant'' people dont have some medical condition as i do? i'd say to stereotype is as arrogant as anything else is.

Do people who wear sunglasses look arrogant?
stereotypes happen because there is truth to it and most of the time they are true

Latest

Trending

Trending