The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lawl. NO

Kids today :no: :no: :no:
Reply 21
5attab
I read Alevel Home Economics written on several black lists, is it Economics or another subject? :confused: coz i heard dat Alevel Economics is quite good and is one of the highly respected subjects. :rolleyes:

Thanx :smile:

Duhhhhhhhhhhh.
:p:
Home economics = Women
Economics = Men

(expects lots of neg rep)
I hadn't heard of home economics until a few weeks ago- I would've assumed it was just economics but with a particular focus on British economics...
As a former A Level Economics student I am frightened by this thread! Lol!

In saying that though - not many schools where I live do Economics (only two!) so it isn't such a common subject here and older people used to ask me what subjects I did and when I said "Economics" they were like "oh! cooking!"

It made me mad! :P

Although...Home Economics isn't just about cooking - I know a fair few people who did it and they said there was a lot of information about laws and things as well as all the nutrition/home management stuff...
Reply 26
Angelil
lol, this thread is surely a joke. How can anyone seriously think that?!

I wish it was, but people do... a lot :frown:

Another line of conversation I get is:

Me: "I do economics"
Other person: "What's that then?"
Me: "Basically looking at the workings of the economy"
Other Person: "What's the / an economy?!"

Always fun! :biggrin:

Deipnosophist123
Home economics = Women
Economics = Men

(expects lots of neg rep)

In general, yes :p:

There's 20 - 30 people on my course (straight economics). I'm the only girl I know of on it - I know at least 10 of the guys on my course quite well... We're mixed in with people studying other business and management courses in most modules, so it's hard to tell the exact number :p:
I *think* there's another girl who does it, but I've only seen her about 5 times :p:
Reply 27
IrrationalNumber
I hadn't heard of home economics until a few weeks ago- I would've assumed it was just economics but with a particular focus on British economics...

economics is mainly focusing on the British economy!!

Latest