The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Wow, I have just realised how quickly year 10 has gone!

I was really worried at the start that their would be a huge change in workloads, but don't worry at all because there isn't.
rapha
Precisely.:smile:

:pcguru:

:p:
Reply 62
LearningMath
Its creepy, and makes people want to punch you to change it into a :frown:

Calm down, it's just a smiley face:rolleyes:
Reply 63
Marsha2112
Yeah...I was at this stupid school where they fast-tracked SATs and some GCSEs :frown:

Same here, i did my sats in year 8 and my RE, some of science gcse exams too. oh yeah and the I.T course.
SophieM

I was really worried at the start that their would be a huge change in workloads, but don't worry at all because there isn't.

how did you get in the red rep :s-smilie:
Reply 65
I'm gonna say work hard and just for a moment attempt to stay ahead of work...

Since, I know no-one actually does the above: FOR GOD SAKE DO NOT DRINK MORE THAN 3 CUPS OF INSTANT COFFEE 4 IN THE MORNING BEFORE THE COURSEWORK IS DUE.

Stick with tea or black, unsweeten (fresh) coffee if you can :] Milk + sugar during an all-nighter is not good.

Edit: Syntax @__@
Yep, tea and pepsi got me through the hellish weekend where I had to redo 2 years worth of ICT coursework, I hardly slept :s-smilie:

Caffeine is bad since once the rush dies down you'll want to sleep :frown:
Reply 67
trance addict
Yep, tea and pepsi got me through the hellish weekend where I had to redo 2 years worth of ICT coursework, I hardly slept :s-smilie:

I did quite the opposite actually. XD Knew IT was going to suck badly so I finished it and neglected the more important subjects... way to go...

Oh another point for year 10's. Don't do the above.
Ah I neglected it for the other subjects then I realised I wanted a top grade in it too :biggrin:
Reply 69
Even though it was Stressful for me, i found year 11 went quite quick, the relief when you've finished each exam is amazing, well was for me.
Good Luck to all who are starting their exams next year, I'm hoping I've done well, since I'm still waiting for my results.
Reply 70
trance addict
how did you get in the red rep :s-smilie:

Spelling mistakes
im starting my gcses in september, i'm doing;
drama
history
geography
french
english literature
english language
maths
science double award
R.E (taking AS early, instead of GCSE)
does this sound okay?

ideally, a career in musical theatre.
but my grades are so important to me aswell,
i just want to do my best :smile:

My english teacher discussed with me the University of Cambridge and has already suggested i aim for that, and thinks I'll 'easily' acheive A* at GCSE. The Head of Performing Arts also suggested the BRIT School, for Sixth Form Musical Theatre. My French teacher predicts A* as does my Geography teacher. Infact, at a recent parents evening he said to me 'you are doing it fo A Level, right?'. Looking at my grades, Geography is my best subject. I'm confident but just any tips would be so useful.. i'd hate it if i messed it all up?!
xoJessicaAnn
im starting my gcses in september, i'm doing;
drama
history
geography
french
english literature
english language
maths
science double award
R.E (taking AS early, instead of GCSE)
does this sound okay?

ideally, a career in musical theatre.
but my grades are so important to me aswell,
i just want to do my best :smile:

My english teacher discussed with me the University of Cambridge and has already suggested i aim for that, and thinks I'll 'easily' acheive A* at GCSE. The Head of Performing Arts also suggested the BRIT School, for Sixth Form Musical Theatre. My French teacher predicts A* as does my Geography teacher. Infact, at a recent parents evening he said to me 'you are doing it fo A Level, right?'. Looking at my grades, Geography is my best subject. I'm confident but just any tips would be so useful.. i'd hate it if i messed it all up?!

Yep they are fine, but I certainly think it's too early for you to be thinking about Cambridge/Universities yet.. Just enjoy year 10+11!
Haha yes. Just things that were said to me.
SophieM

No, not yet.......:wink:
Reply 75
piece_by_piece
I've just finished my GCSEs. I'll inform you of them in August, if you care so much.

YEP I'VE JUST FINISHED MINE TOO
CAN'T WAIT FOR RESULTS IN AUGUST!:yep:
Reply 76
SophieM

Wow, I have just realised how quickly year 11 has gone! LOL
I've just finished my GCSE'S!:yep:
Reply 77
I've just realised how quickly the last 4years have gone :biggrin:
Reply 78
My advise:

MESS AROUND, WORK HARD BUT HAVE FUN.

Year 10 and 11 may seem like a big thing, but they're your last 2 years of school, and the last 2 years where you don't have to worry.
Just a tip to those going into year 11 - It'll go really quickly. A lot of people said this to me, but before I knew it it was mocks (Dec) and then very shortly the real GCSE's. Concentrate on everything and if you have to do coursework don't 'not bother with it' It'll be worth it in the end and you'll be more stressed by May.

Latest