The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BJack
I seem to recall an interesting tale of a female tennis player who gave her height as 5'12", which would suggest that 6ft or more is too tall for some. Of course, you don't want to be average height if you're with a really tall guy this lady's 5'6" but you wouldn't guess it:

You'll have a pretty hard time finding a boyfriend that tall though
BJack

OMG that girl is so small.
Reply 102
Inconceivable
I know a girl who is 6ft and she wears heels all the time. She's sometimes the same height as her boyfriend (he's about 6'3) and she thinks it's funny. She's bloody gorgeous, I hate her:frown:lol.

I'd feel really awkward wearing heels though and I'm 5'10". I don't really mind my height though, except when buying jeans. That's just a nightmare!

tell me about it...!!
Reply 103
DiscoPirate
OMG that girl is so small.

No, I swear she's 5'6". It's just that he's 7'9". :eek:
No height, the taller the better.
I want tall children thank you.
Reply 105
ocelotrevs
No height, the taller the better.
I want tall children thank you.

Good point..
Rei
Good point..

Plus, it'd (I hope) makes things much easier.
I wouldn't have to bend down to kiss or nothing like that.
Reply 107
Personally, taller than me is too tall, so 5'6". :\
Reply 108
I think 5ft11 is tall for a girl but it's not too tall. I know somebody who's 6ft7 and he's tallll! I like tall guys though even though I'm quite short lol
Reply 109
Taller than me.

Well, Uma Thurman excepted.
Reply 110
GrahamFromJeremyKyle
5ft 6+ is too tall.

agreed.
Reply 111
piece_by_piece
5ft11 is good.
I'm 5ft 9 and happy :biggrin:

Yep, I love being tall :yep:
Depnds on body frame and the girl as I know some girls around 5 ft 11 that look kinda scary(as in they may be gorgeous and slim but they dont suit it) and other girls around same height that seem natural at it.

But id say 5ft 11 is what most women should be around maximum at best taller often gives me the idea of that woman from 3rd Rock From The Sun
anyone taller than my waist
I'm 5'1" and never have a shortage of men after me, but that might be my looks rather than my height. Men love that petite thing going on, and see huge hulking women who are 5'10 or over a threat and masculine.

Tall girls tend to look older right from puberty to pensioner. Short girls look younger.

Also tall girls don't tend to get professional jobs as men don't want some tall women domineering them in the office.

It's very hard for tall girls to come across as girly or feminine, which is what petite tiny girls do. Check out tall girls clothes. It's like looking through a tranny's wardrobe.

Tall girls come across as domineering and bossy and seem jealous of petite girly types. Because I got a lot of crappy bullying from tall girls who mysteriously could never get a boyfriend and were jealous I could get tall boys in class.

Also I had exes who are 6'4" who said they hated the tall women having big feet like size 9 stilletos which looked like drag queen shoes.

They also said stuff like they hated big hands and big amazonian behinds. Of course when you are tall everything is big in proportion hands, neck, back, shoulders etc.

I would say being tall means nice long legs but I've seen tall women with huge stocky or athletic thighs like Serena Williams and it doesn't look attractive even though they are slim all over. Again, I would say your skeletal frame is like a mans. Interestingly these girls being so tall and in proportion, seem to get fat really quickly which surprised me as they basically had bodies of men, so you'd think they could pack away food. Because a size 10 on a girl who is 5' is size 16 on a girl who is 6ft.

Whereas smaller girls can be curvy and have legs in mini skirts that look great. In fact I've heard designers say mini skirts look better on shorter girls (girls aloud all around 5'4 -5'5") as with tall girls you get masses of flesh which looks out of proportion.

Check out your nightclubs. All the girls are in mini skirts, but a 5'10" girl won't look as good as a 5'5" girl. She'll just look chunky and masculine the tall girl. A tall girls thighs just seem to go forever all chunky manliness.

Having said that, I do think tall guys like 6'4 look better in a couple with a wife over 6'.

My nan was 5'11" and husband was 6' so marrying tall spouse doesn't guarantee you'll have tall kids or even tall grandkids.
Anonymous
I'm 5'1" and never have a shortage of men after me, but that might be my looks rather than my height. Men love that petite thing going on, and see huge hulking women who are 5'10 or over a threat and masculine.

Tall girls tend to look older right from puberty to pensioner. Short girls look younger.

Also tall girls don't tend to get professional jobs as men don't want some tall women domineering them in the office.

It's very hard for tall girls to come across as girly or feminine, which is what petite tiny girls do. Check out tall girls clothes. It's like looking through a tranny's wardrobe.

Tall girls come across as domineering and bossy and seem jealous of petite girly types. Because I got a lot of crappy bullying from tall girls who mysteriously could never get a boyfriend and were jealous I could get tall boys in class.

Also I had exes who are 6'4" who said they hated the tall women having big feet like size 9 stilletos which looked like drag queen shoes.

They also said stuff like they hated big hands and big amazonian behinds. Of course when you are tall everything is big in proportion hands, neck, back, shoulders etc.

I would say being tall means nice long legs but I've seen tall women with huge stocky or athletic thighs like Serena Williams and it doesn't look attractive even though they are slim all over. Again, I would say your skeletal frame is like a mans. Interestingly these girls being so tall and in proportion, seem to get fat really quickly which surprised me as they basically had bodies of men, so you'd think they could pack away food. Because a size 10 on a girl who is 5' is size 16 on a girl who is 6ft.

Whereas smaller girls can be curvy and have legs in mini skirts that look great. In fact I've heard designers say mini skirts look better on shorter girls (girls aloud all around 5'4 -5'5") as with tall girls you get masses of flesh which looks out of proportion.

Check out your nightclubs. All the girls are in mini skirts, but a 5'10" girl won't look as good as a 5'5" girl. She'll just look chunky and masculine the tall girl. A tall girls thighs just seem to go forever all chunky manliness.

Having said that, I do think tall guys like 6'4 look better in a couple with a wife over 6'.

My nan was 5'11" and husband was 6' so marrying tall spouse doesn't guarantee you'll have tall kids or even tall grandkids.

Wait up, are you saying I look like a drag queen!? :eek::confused:
In my opinion girls look better small, makes us look more feminine. So for me anything over 5'8/9 is too tall.

Also tall girls shouldn't wear heels, it's just look silly.
^there are bits of that i disagree with but too lazy to argue.

I am 6ft 1, tallest in my family. Taller than all my girl friends, and most of the guys. If guys can't like me then i dont really care at the moment, i live in a country full of short people (not meaning to be rasict but asians in general are shorter). As for mini skirts, i dont like them anyway, regardless of height you have to dress to show off your best features, mini skirt tend to make legs look longer. Not what we tall girls need
Reply 118
apparently tall girls have a lot more health problems, and live slightly shorter. BUt the'y're also less likely to become obese, there's nothing worse than being a 5ft, 300lb fat ball
tall women :coma:

You can never be too tall!

Latest

Trending

Trending