The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Laevis
He had a forgettable time at Man City, sure, but that was 2 years ago now. He was apparently one of Espanyol's key players last season and he did well for Spain getting them qualified for Euro 2008 (although he never made it into the squad for the Summer). Genuine left foot, bit of pace, lot of flair, and likes to stay on the touchline, so it'll make a refreshing change to what we have in that position already and make us less predictable.

He could be amazing, he could be rubbish, but let's not write the lad off before he's even played a game yet :/

I'm just learning from my mistakes. I get my hopes up and they end up being a pile of ****.
Reply 1041
I'm hoping he follows Petrov's example, that would do for me.
According to the Independent

Tonight's probable Anfield teams

Liverpool (4-4-2):

Pepe Reina;

Alvaro Arbeloa

Jamie Carragher

Martin Skrtel

Andrea Dossena

Dirk Kuyt

Steven Gerrard

Xabi Alonso

Yossi Benayoun;

Roy Keane

Fernando Torres.

:curious:
farhan
According to the Independent

Tonight's probable Anfield teams

Liverpool (4-4-2):

Pepe Reina;

Alvaro Arbeloa

Jamie Carragher

Martin Skrtel

Andrea Dossena

Dirk Kuyt

Steven Gerrard

Xabi Alonso

Yossi Benayoun;

Roy Keane

Fernando Torres.

:curious:

lol well spotted.

The Times are saying today that Riera will be 8m. Thats an excellent price. Hope the transfer is sorted soon as i heard he has 48 hours to agree to sort a deal. I love hearing the Everton fans saying that they didnt want him anyway :biggrin:
Reply 1044
whats up with agger? he had a pretty good pre-season!
I can't remember the name of the guy who gave the link for the liverpool football shirt but...

You're a legend!

Reply 1046
Is that one of the dirt cheap (but apparently decent) shirts from abroad, ~£8?
Reply 1047
Escorcio
I can't remember the name of the guy who gave the link for the liverpool football shirt but...

You're a legend!

Is that from the site jomzajung.com?
Phil.
Is that one of the dirt cheap (but apparently decent) shirts from abroad, ~£8?

They're identical, as real as

Barça
Is that from the site jomzajung.com?

Yup
Reply 1049
Escorcio

Yup

That's it, I'm ordering my Barcelona shirt :smile:
Reply 1050
Gareth Barry's agent confirms that Barry will not be leaving in this transfer window.
Reply 1051
v1oXx-
Gareth Barry's agent confirms that Barry will not be leaving in this transfer window.

Later today, headline news

Gareth Barry has signed for Arsenal for a reported fee of 10m, subject to a medical

:awesome:

:getmecoat:
Reply 1052
Escorcio

Yup

Awesome, how long did it take to turn up?
Phil.
Awesome, how long did it take to turn up?

Ordered it on the 21st, so like 6 days? (one of them was a sunday, one of them was a bank holiday), Not bad considering it came from Thailand :biggrin:
BigScouser
In one. He's been trying too hard since he pulled on the red shirt tbh. With the exception of Rangers which was a walk in the park for us, he hasn't been at his best. That's the problem with him coming with to his dream club, the one he's supported since he was knee high to a grasshopper and not just as a flight of fancy like Berbatov, Ronaldo et al. The £20.3m transfer fee has been a bit of a hinderance on him because he's obviously eager to hit the ground running and repay the manager's faith in him to buy him. If he just reverts back to his normal game as he did at Spurs last season he'll settle in quicker.

Didn't he claim to be a Celtic fan a few years ago too when he was wanting to move there? :o:
Throwback
Didn't he claim to be a Celtic fan a few years ago too when he was wanting to move there? :o:
hey

wb
farhan
hey

wb

:hello:, thanks!
Reply 1057
The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Gerrard, Alonso, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres, Keane. Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Plessis, Spearing, El Zhar, Babel.
Reply 1058
---------------reina----------
arbeloa--carra--skrtel--aurelio
kuyt--gerrard--alonso--benayoun
-------keane------------------
----------------torres---------

That was hard.
Reina showing his ability again tonight. If Liege score first, which they have been close to doing more than once, it will be interesting.

Latest