The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

KwungSun
I get it, but sadly not with the subject I'm actually studying.

Aye. I get that for PPE/English :redface: I keep telling myself not to transfer courses, though.
Reply 21
my school have been absolutely rubbish when it comes to my ucas app. im the only one in my school applying to do med so i havent had any decent advice from them. i ended up researching it myself and just wrote what i could but now ive got to focus on getting it to be more concise and direct
Reply 22
sd91
no i dont mind. im doing bio, geography and chem at a2 and psychology as. my results have been rubbish so far. i have had extenuating cirucumstances - i was recovering from glandular fever when i took my first lot of AS exams so i got ABCC in my first lot of exams but i did 2 retakes in june so hopefully that will push my grades up. my gcses were 1A* 7As 2Bs. academically im not the srongest applicant but my tutor reckons i should get AAB at the end of A2 - ill have a clearer mind and be more focused. what about you?

im doing Chem, Human Bio, Physics and ICT, erm LOL my results in jan were a hidious joke CCCE LOL.

my techers tried to kill me for my crappy results, my circumstance if it counts was the fact that my subjects have been split over two schools, but i was an ******* at the start of AS and fixed my errors in march after i got my first module results, but the damage was done.......

i should get ABBb at AS and my predicitons will be AAA for A2. and i WILL get AAA at A2
my GCSE results are 3A*s 1A and 5B's and 3C's, the weakest of any medical applicant i know.
Reply 23
Taemon
I get it with languages; yay for conjugating irregular verbs!

... I'm such a geek... :smile:

I get like that with languages too! I can't WAIT to go to uni in September!

Ha....we're so damn cool....:cool: :cool:
Reply 24
jjkkll

i should get ABBb at AS and my predicitons will be AAA for A2. and i WILL get AAA at A2

go you! that's the spirit! :biggrin::biggrin: let's all get AAA (or 38+ points for me) and go study medicine and become awesome doctors!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Hyeree
go you! that's the spirit! :biggrin::biggrin: let's all get AAA (or 38+ points for me) and go study medicine and become awesome doctors!!!!! :biggrin:

you can become Awesome but im gonna try and become one of the best in whaterver field i deside to go into.
Reply 26
Greatleysteg
Aye. I get that for PPE/English :redface: I keep telling myself not to transfer courses, though.

I get that FROM PPE (well, just the E actually). :smile:
Reply 27
i was devastated in jan but at least your school are backing your app. when we go back in september im going to have to get my parents in to sort my app out because my teachers think im not good enough but that's a whole different story. i really dont know how well i've done at as but i know that i can definitely get AAB at the end. ive grown up so much since the start of AS and it is a shame that the jan results are going to pull me down. if worst comes to worst we can always take a year out and reapply i know a few people who messed up as worked hard at a2 and got in.
Reply 28
jjkkll
you can become Awesome but im gonna try and become one of the best in whaterver field i deside to go into.

im cool with just awesome, and being able to save lives......
im not doing this for me, so i can be "great" but for others who are less unfortunate than me and need treatment.
but i guess best = more chance of getting the patients healthy
Reply 29
Hyeree
im cool with just awesome, and being able to save lives......
im not doing this for me, so i can be "great" but for others who are less unfortunate than me and need treatment.
but i guess best = more chance of getting the patients healthy

im feeding the ego and wanting to save lives :biggrin:.

im commitng my self to a lifetime of learning, so if your not doing this for you, its gonna be hard keeping motivated. so you cant say and belive that its just for the people that need help, for the kind of commitment that medicine asks for there has to be alot in it for you.
Reply 30
lol as long as dont kill a load of patients (partly due to sleep deprivation) im fine with being awesome aswell
Reply 31
obviously by saying i want to be the best in the field i go into.

i dont mean that i want to become an arogant arse, i just want to be very very good at what i do, and treat all staff members with the respect they truly deserve, and be a really friendly and good comunicator to all partients and staff.

and will try not to kill anyone or be rude to anyone dues to lack of sleep, which however the NHS sugar coat it with the no more than 48 hours a week rules, we as doctors will be working all hours of the days most days in a week.
Reply 32
the saying "what you put into it is what what you will get out of it" comes to mind
Reply 33
sd91
the saying "what you put into it is what what you will get out of it" comes to mind

exactly....

so where you thinking of applying?
Reply 34
jjkkll
im feeding the ego and wanting to save lives :biggrin:.

im commitng my self to a lifetime of learning, so if your not doing this for you, its gonna be hard keeping motivated. so you cant say and belive that its just for the people that need help, for the kind of commitment that medicine asks for there has to be alot in it for you.

there is a lot in it for me :smile: a giganumous salary!!

and i'd love my job. and of course there is some ego, just not a lot :wink: awesome is pretty near the top you know.

i know a surgeon(family friend) in korea who's 2-3rd best. he's doing pretty well i think. =D
Reply 35
Hyeree
there is a lot in it for me :smile: a giganumous salary!!

and i'd love my job. and of course there is some ego, just not a lot :wink: awesome is pretty near the top you know.

i know a surgeon(family friend) in korea who's 2-3rd best. he's doing pretty well i think. =D

you do realise the amount of years it will take before you get a a giganumous salary!!

if you become a GP 10/11 years

if you become anything else more LOL
Reply 36
jjkkll
obviously by saying i want to be the best in the field i go into.

i dont mean that i want to become an arogant arse, i just want to be very very good at what i do, and treat all staff members with the respect they truly deserve, and be a really friendly and good comunicator to all partients and staff.

and will try not to kill anyone or be rude to anyone dues to lack of sleep, which however the NHS sugar coat it with the no more than 48 hours a week rules, we as doctors will be working all hours of the days most days in a week.

good =D thought so ^^
Reply 37
jjkkll
you do realise the amount of years it will take before you get a a giganumous salary!!

if you become a GP 10/11 years

if you become anything else more LOL

course.. but until then i have my daddy lol..
or a giganumous debt to the swedish government ... but it's worth it in the end :biggrin:
Reply 38
Hyeree
course.. but until then i have my daddy lol..
or a giganumous debt to the swedish government ... but it's worth it in the end :biggrin:

im sure the NHS pay our loans when we start working for them???

anyone like to confirm or contradict this????!!!
Reply 39
well, southampton and sheffield are my 2 definites. maybe ucl but not too sure on that one (my grades and the bmat is the main reason putting me off applying. im also worried that ill get a 2.2 on the iBSc or wont be able to hack it). after results day im going to pick 2 from ucl, manchester, peninsula, leeds, uea, keele although not so sure on the last 2 on that list.