The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
randdom
:nospam:

Is that your advice on chatting up girls or is it a rule for us? :smile:
(Some girls actually like being spammed.)
Reply 101
wellerism
find the drunkest girl at the bar :biggrin: eassssy

date rape anyone?

that's cheap bruv hahaha!
anelka9
london, hertfordshire, kingston.
i would love to go clubbing up north or somewhere though. would love the attention:eek:

its quite successful actually. if it wasnt i would think of another technique lol. erm 75% success rate? girls just want to know they are comfortable + with somebody friendly.

it helps when you make eye contact beforehand though. if you dont it can still work :dancing:

lol any bloke can pull in kingston its not hard!
oceana and slutskies! hello the clues in the places you're going :P

anyways back to the question, if you want a nice girl go to a pub, and dont do the cheesy chat up lines, make a joke about the random drunk person in the corner acting like a fool etc...
if u want a quickie head straight to kingston find the first drunken girl and grind with her
and i can make these comments about kingston coz i was in oceana last night :wink:
Reply 103
Bear_Grylls
Basically, you dont chat them up. Your there dancing on the floor, so is the girl, you both make eye contact, you keep dancing, you make eye contact again, this time its for longer, you start to move closer to her, you dance close to her, making the odd contact (ie touch her arse :awesome: ) she'll turn around, take a proper look at you, she'll then usually have a conference meeting with her mates about you, before either a, walking away, or b getting closer and holding your hands. If its B, WOOPDE DOO, youv pulled. Leaning back into you she'll start grinding you, before turning around and going in for the kiss. BANG, 1-0,

This deserves some appreciation.

Right on the money, mate.
TBH you can't really chat-up girls in a club; musics too loud, you/they are usually too drunk and tbh, no one really goes there to talk. Best bet is Bear_Grylls suggestion, just grind on the dancefloor and you'll find a girl eventually. If you want to chat-up women with a view to having more than a one-night stand, bars are undoubtedly the best places (oh and contrary to a number of suggestions on here, as a general rule you should never buy a girl a drink, she'll start taking advantage of you and you'll end up getting nout). :smile:
Reply 105
keekee107
If she turns you down, move on... DON'T follow her round for another half an hour willing her to dance with you like a weird guy I met on Saturday did. Lol. I was pretending I was a lesbian just to get rid of him in the end...

Thats so ****ing cruel!

Thats why threads like this exist because of girls like you who make guys feel incredibly insecure.

If an ugly girl showed an interest in me I would be friendly and nice, I wouldnt partake in some of the cruel techniques which Ive seen many girls use, like the other day when my friend was told to "go away", "leave me alone". Harsh.
Reply 106
GodspeedGehenna
My first suggestion would be to not refer to them as "birds".

Agreed. Offer to get them a drink or something. Don't use cheesy chat up lines. They'll just laugh at you.
It's kinda hard to chat girls up when the music is so loud...
Reply 108
Don't start talking about sweat, whatever you do.
This guy approached me the other night. I hadn't noticed his perspiration problem until he started trying to make excuses for it.

He blamed it on sunstroke; it hadn't even been sunny that day :rolleyes:
Reply 109
graffic

If an ugly girl showed an interest in me I would be friendly and nice, I wouldnt partake in some of the cruel techniques which Ive seen many girls use, like the other day when my friend was told to "go away", "leave me alone". Harsh.

Hey... I was friendly and nice at first - politely turning him down, but it was when he turned to following round (literally following me) for half an hour that I had to think of something to get rid of him. At least pretending I was a lesbian didn't personally insult him...

Maybe I'm cruel, but I hate guys being so forward and I've had too many bad experiences recently with being nice and friendly to these guys, giving them the wrong impression, and hurting them more or getting myself in very compromising situations I didn't want to with guys I was just being nice to and thought I could trust.
emilyyy
Don't start talking about sweat, whatever you do.
This guy approached me the other night. I hadn't noticed his perspiration problem until he started trying to make excuses for it.

He blamed it on sunstroke; it hadn't even been sunny that day :rolleyes:

lol, sunstroke, he must have had a high sucess rate that night
Reply 111
Bear_Grylls
lol, sunstroke, he must have had a high sucess rate that night

If the outcome when he came up to me was anything to go by, I'd bet rather safely that he went home alone, without even a phone number :p:
emilyyy
If the outcome when he came up to me was anything to go by, I'd bet rather safely that he went home alone, without even a phone number :p:

I think his friends would have even ditched him
Reply 113
Bear_Grylls
I think his friends would have even ditched him

It wouldn't surprise me. He was sweaty enough to ruin anyone's chances with anyone. And they might've also been worried he'd drip on them/in their drink.

Ah well.

Ooh and also, OP, don't repeatedly grab a girl's bum. Once they can probably cope with, and if they turn around and respond positively, great.
But there was this this one guy that did it, that I chose to ignore - so he did it a few more times before giving up. That really irked me. I think he thought I didn't notice?

A girl rarely doesn't notice. She's just trying to non-verbally reject you.
Reply 114
Anonymous
Hi, just wondering folks because it kinda gets to me lol. Basically, whenever i go clubbing, i find it really hard to pull a girl. I would say i am a confident guy, but its not so much the confidence, its basically what to say.
Obviously im aware girls would have so many guys after them on one night after one thing lets say, and they are only going to think boys are telling them what they want to hear.
What is the "technique" or "way to approach" a girl which would catch their eye?

Girls and guys welcome to comment. Looking forward to hear responses from the ladies particularly as im aware you have all been in a situation in a club where you are thinking in your mind, please go away lol.

Cheers.

gosh! if you think someones nice, just look over in their direction a few times, try and grab their attention, once you do.. smile at them. if they smile back, that usually means you can go over and start dancing with them.. then you can say something like "you're looking very nice" or something - not pure cheese or corn or sleazy-ness, something thats reasonable and not too extreme, and just go from there.
simple!
Reply 115
just dance around, look at the girl you like, if they look at your (eye contact), lift your arms up as if you wanted a close dance and if they do come forwards, GREAT! if not, ah well, move on
Reply 116
What I really hate is trying to chat to girls whilst in the queue for the bar or something.

Ladies: Just because a guy starts a conversation, does not mean he is trying to score or anything.

Seriously, some of the girls I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with have been so up themselves it was unbelievable. Im bored.. im standing around waiting to be served... so i try chatting to people around me. Doesnt mean I think you're hot, dosent mean im a pathetic guy trying to get laid.

"Hi, whats your name?"
"Sorry, ive got a boyfriend"
"Good for you, I really wasnt interested in the slightest. So, whats your name?"

Prehaps try being friendly back instead of looking down your nose at someone trying to make conversation.

/rant
Redemption
Buying girls endless drinks is so beta.

But, we won't complain if you do... :biggrin:
armageddonbride
But, we won't complain if you do... :biggrin:

No, but nor will you sleep with them if you have any self-respect.
Redemption
No, but nor will you sleep with them if you have any self-respect.

Also true.

I have met quite a few of my male friends through them buying me a drink on a night out :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending