The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thelmpl
Hi does anyone know how to change my availability do I do it online or in the store somewhere?

Like MissLightyear said, talk to your manager about changing your availability :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mikey_NNG
When your manager tells you to clock out before a certain time, he's definitely telling you the right thing and it has nothing to do with reducing your pay.

After everyone clocks out and heads home, one of the supervisors/managers have to sign off the "Kronus". Kronus is a time management system that keeps a detailed log of everybodys clock in/out times. It also shows who was late or absent along with various other nifty features. Anyway, one of these nifty features is that it lets managers know when somebody under a certain age has worked too long. That gets sent to the Head Office, which gets managers in trouble mainly because usually Head Office have to pay fines for a certain amount of offences. So when a manager rushes you to clock out, they're trying to avoid being shouted at by their Area Manager.

Also to give you a bit more information on clocking in before your time and a bit before you end... The same Kronus system I referred to earlier is edited at the end of every day by a Supervisor to include the right shifts. So when you clock in at 9:55 a supervisor will see that on the system at the end of the day and move it to 10:00. The same will be done to your closing shifts. It's for this reason why it never really makes sense to prolong clocking out because managers can always edit any shift that was longer than it should be.

Hope that's not too complicated. The short answer is that you're not getting mugged off.

That can't be legal can it?

Had occasions when i was working there where i worked 6 hr shifts and seen the timesheet show up as 5.8 and 5.5 on countless occasions
Original post by mar junior
That can't be legal can it?

Had occasions when i was working there where i worked 6 hr shifts and seen the timesheet show up as 5.8 and 5.5 on countless occasions

It doesn't get changed. If it gets edited it comes up on the system and the manager gets in trouble. 6 hour shifts will come up as less because it'll automatically subtract your break
Hi When I went into my account on sports direct I went to the applications and went on new store hire and it shows an availability form if I change that would it change my availability or do I still have to talk to an manager regardless?
Original post by Username90000000
Hi When I went into my account on sports direct I went to the applications and went on new store hire and it shows an availability form if I change that would it change my availability or do I still have to talk to an manager regardless?

No you need to speak to the manager, they do the rota so they're the ones who need to know your availability
Starting at Newcastle University on the 22nd so I'm being transferred from the branch I'm at now (smaller store) to the new, huge one in Newcastle city centre!

Everything's sorted and I should start there after freshers week. Looking forward to it!
Original post by Kieran-SAFC
Starting at Newcastle University on the 22nd so I'm being transferred from the branch I'm at now (smaller store) to the new, huge one in Newcastle city centre!

Everything's sorted and I should start there after freshers week. Looking forward to it!

Aw good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I handed my notice in yesterday. Sunday will be my last shift!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eternal*
I handed my notice in yesterday. Sunday will be my last shift!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw :redface: good luck in what you're gonna do next :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol just remembered.
Yesterday I was work, and a customer was trying to get a hold of someone who was free, and she went up to another customer and was like 'can you help me?' and he was like erm I don't work here :lol: wasn't sure whether to laugh or not :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I go about handing in my notice after almost 2 weeks?
I'm worried about approaching the situation because I know the manager is going to be quite irritated
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Proflash
I'm worried about approaching the situation because I know the manager is going to be quite irritated

Just hand it at the end of the shift. The notice just needs to be a written letter saying that you're giving your one week notice.

It's actually quite usual (from my experience) for people to start working at SD, and then leave within a few weeks for multiple reasons...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Proflash

Yeah like Eternal* said, just hand in a letter at the end of your shift..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still haven't been paid yet and I started around the beginning of August. I'm so baffled
Reply 4174
Original post by spookz
I still haven't been paid yet and I started around the beginning of August. I'm so baffled

if your first shift was after the 10th you get it on the 30th of this month
Can someone help me please? I recently got a job at Sports Direct and there's a contract I need to sign and send to HR. For anyone who signed it did you also sign the bit that says "signed for and on behalf of SportsDirect.com retail limited". Confused as I signed the bit under "employee"
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4176
Hey guys, I had my interview with SD last week and I've been successful. I've just completed the online form about my bank details and that. Was just wondering how long it takes to be processed roughly? Does SD contact us or will I need to contact them?
Original post by TS..x
Hey guys, I had my interview with SD last week and I've been successful. I've just completed the online form about my bank details and that. Was just wondering how long it takes to be processed roughly? Does SD contact us or will I need to contact them?

When I filled out the online form, I didn't upload any ID as my scanner wasn't working at the time so I ended up going in with it, had my induction, then had my proper shift the next day :redface:
But I think they'll contact you, not 100% sure there :/ and if they do, then I think it'll be within a few working days, but I'm not 100% sure there I'm afraid :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow, this thread has been inactive for a bit :/
How is everyone :biggrin:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was thinking the same, nothing exciting really happened though i though my store

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending