The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faggstagram
woaaaah haven't been in this thread for a while...

i can see why people don't like working for SD, but honestly my branch is great

like the pay is really REALLY ****ty but i get all the hours i want and i really get on w the majority of ppl i work with and it's just my type of job ???
i think i'm really lucky as i really like my managers and they also really like me so it's just enjoyable, really

Yeah exactly :redface:
Yeah I pretty much get on with everyone at my store :biggrin: and there are quite a lot of newbies at my store now :redface: plus I always get hours every week :biggrin: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heey
Just wanted to ask a quick question, it may sound like a stupid question but it's the first it's happened to me in the two years I've been with the company :redface:
Basically I received my payslip from work today, and my wages have been deducted slightly. Where it says 'deductions/adjustments' it's got N.I. And then the amount and then the year to date and it's got under 'employers contributions 'nat. insurance' then the this run and y.t.d and the amount underneath them.

Anyway..I was just wondering if they taxed me or because I'm at uni now and I've applied for student finance and I had to supply my national insurance number and they deducted me because of this? Idk if the hours I've done during this months cut date and last month's got anything to do with it?:s
And before you ask I am over 18 and a CAST :redface: sorry if it comes across as stupid but this is the first time it's happened to me since I've joined the company two years ago.. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I were to contact the Sports Direct head office, as a member of staff, concerning an issue is there an email address for this?
Original post by KasabianChief
If I were to contact the Sports Direct head office, as a member of staff, concerning an issue is there an email address for this?

I'm not 100% sure tbh :/ not sure what the number is for head office either..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a customer today who came up to me with a shoe, didn't speak very good English and it took me like 5 minutes to get an answer for a shoe size off him. He came up to me and said 'I want this shoe?' And I was like oh what size do you want and then he was like oh I want this shoe and then I explained that I needed to know what shoe size he wanted and then he turned round and said oh I don't speak very good English and I don't have this problem in other shops. I then had a look at what the size of the display shoe was, and then asked if he wanted that size and he said yes. I was just like really, you could've said you wanted the same size as the display shoe -.- :rollseyes:!
Oh plus, I had a customer come up to me the other day asking if I worked for the company, even though I was wearing my uniform, I was like are you for real -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
How do I quit? I've been working for around 4 weeks now. I have 2 jobs and my rota clashes so I don't specific availability days. Next Tuesday I have to do stock take but I have to work at my other job too. So can I just quit on my shift on Sunday?
Original post by Monki1
How do I quit? I've been working for around 4 weeks now. I have 2 jobs and my rota clashes so I don't specific availability days. Next Tuesday I have to do stock take but I have to work at my other job too. So can I just quit on my shift on Sunday?

I would say write a letter of resignation. Or just explain to your manager about your availability..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Regarding staff discount, can you only get discounted at your store or any sports direct store. And What proof do you need to show your a worker
Original post by spookz
Regarding staff discount, can you only get discounted at your store or any sports direct store. And What proof do you need to show your a worker

As far as I know, you can use your discount at any other SD store. And I think you'd just need to take in a recent payslip and proof of id. But if I were you, I'd go and double check with your manager, just in case :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
As far as I know, you can use your discount at any other SD store. And I think you'd just need to take in a recent payslip and proof of id. But if I were you, I'd go and double check with your manager, just in case :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.sportsdirect.com/puma-no1-logo-sweatpants-mens-487023?colcode=48702302

Would I able to get this discounted or not?

I think so, I can't remember if it has to be at a certain price to get the discount or not :/ I think you'll be fine..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would anyone happen to know if we get paid earlier this month due to christmas?

Thanks!
Original post by StevensUK
Would anyone happen to know if we get paid earlier this month due to christmas?

Thanks!

Still end of the month

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I basically had this customer today who came in wanting a shirt print done. I told her that my colleagues who do the shirt print weren't in today so obviously couldn't be done today. She then had a hissy fit saying that she came all the way down from another town before storming off. She then came back like 5 minutes later asking where else can the shirt print be done. I was like really, try your own store before coming in or try and ring up before coming in. And it kinda felt like she was blaming me for it cus there was no one in the store today to do the actual shirt print and the fact that myself and no one else who was in today has had the training to actually do it -.- :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
So I basically had this customer today who came in wanting a shirt print done. I told her that my colleagues who do the shirt print weren't in today so obviously couldn't be done today. She then had a hissy fit saying that she came all the way down from another town before storming off. She then came back like 5 minutes later asking where else can the shirt print be done. I was like really, try your own store before coming in or try and ring up before coming in. And it kinda felt like she was blaming me for it cus there was no one in the store today to do the actual shirt print and the fact that myself and no one else who was in today has had the training to actually do it -.- :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is weird that you didn't have anyone in, all our management plus 5/6 other staff can do shirt prints so we always have someone in.
Still no need to react like that though.
Original post by MissLightyear
Is weird that you didn't have anyone in, all our management plus 5/6 other staff can do shirt prints so we always have someone in.
Still no need to react like that though.

Yeah found it weird :/ only my manager, both shoe and floor supervisors and a part timer who works during the week can do it, which is odd. Still, I wouldn't mind getting trained on how to do a shirt print :redface:
Yeah I know I was just like okay then -.- I was gonna tell her that she could come back during the week if she wanted to but didn't get the chance to tell her as she stormed off -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys, long time no see!
sorry, obviously with moving from sports direct to sainsbury's, my posting level in this thread is gonna drop, but everybody was really nice here :smile:
how are you all doing?

i also do want you guys to either check my sig or follow the link i'll post below to a thread that explains a bit about my dissertation and link you to the survey i'm doing
not gonna lie, having to campaign this around TSR is a bit off a ballache and i do apologise for anybody who sees multiple posts similar to this, but frankly i just need numbers and "spamming" a plead to take my survey around TSR is hopefully gonna get them to me :rolleyes:

thank you in advance for anybody that takes my survey; let me know and i'll try to provide rep :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3003549
I havent posted here for a while, but i was wondering if pay rises are done by the store manager, head office or automatically?
turning 18 soon and have been working at sports directs a year and a half, my payroll allows me to access manager functions if you know what i mean, so i was wondering if all of this is taken into account when my pay will increase.
Original post by Lúcio
hey guys, long time no see!
sorry, obviously with moving from sports direct to sainsbury's, my posting level in this thread is gonna drop, but everybody was really nice here :smile:
how are you all doing?

i also do want you guys to either check my sig or follow the link i'll post below to a thread that explains a bit about my dissertation and link you to the survey i'm doing
not gonna lie, having to campaign this around TSR is a bit off a ballache and i do apologise for anybody who sees multiple posts similar to this, but frankly i just need numbers and "spamming" a plead to take my survey around TSR is hopefully gonna get them to me :rolleyes:

thank you in advance for anybody that takes my survey; let me know and i'll try to provide rep :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3003549

Heya :smile:
Ah it's ok :redface: how's sainsbury's treating you :biggrin:?
I'm good thanks, yourself? :redface:
I'll take a look :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending