The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Guys, I just wanna check something. With the monthly incentive app thing, and it has your ranking of your store, does your ranking place start to slip if you haven't had a shift in a few days? It's just because when I checked on Saturday, I was 1st. Last shift was Sunday and my next shift is Saturday, checked my ranking today, and according to that I've gone down to 10th :confused: just wanna check really cuz normally I do three shifts a week during term time but as the hours are restricted this week I've only been given the weekend shifts so can't really ask anyone at work till then :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
Guys, I just wanna check something. With the monthly incentive app thing, and it has your ranking of your store, does your ranking place start to slip if you haven't had a shift in a few days? It's just because when I checked on Saturday, I was 1st. Last shift was Sunday and my next shift is Saturday, checked my ranking today, and according to that I've gone down to 10th :confused: just wanna check really cuz normally I do three shifts a week during term time but as the hours are restricted this week I've only been given the weekend shifts so can't really ask anyone at work till then :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think that goes off how much of the incentive you've sold, regardless of hours. I'm 3rd on mine but its impossible to keep up with the full timers on 50 hours a week when I do 20ish
Original post by Its_Jordannn
Yeah I think that goes off how much of the incentive you've sold, regardless of hours. I'm 3rd on mine but its impossible to keep up with the full timers on 50 hours a week when I do 20ish

Yeah cus I've dipped lower as I haven't been able to sell as much incentive as I wasn't in as much last week due to the rota :frown: but I'm basically hoping I'm higher up on the ranking by the weekend as I'm usually in the top 10 :redface:! Yeah, the majority of us part timers are in the top 10 at my store, and out of the full timers only my floor and shoe supervisors are in the top 10 :redface: but I usually do about 24 ish hours per week in the term time depending on how many hours management have got available :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its based on pence per hour earned so you can still be high up without doing loads of hours, the more hours you work the more you need to sell to keep the pph the same
Original post by MissLightyear
Its based on pence per hour earned so you can still be high up without doing loads of hours, the more hours you work the more you need to sell to keep the pph the same

Ah ok thanks :redface:

Edit: I'm back in the top 10 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey guys :biggrin:
Long time no speak..
What does everyone think of the new songs that are played in store?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Long time no speak..

Posted from TSR Mobile

YOU HAVE NEW SONGS?!

Time for me to leave my job and get back at SportsDirect!
I wonder which soul sucking tunes they'll have on this time? :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
YOU HAVE NEW SONGS?!

Time for me to leave my job and get back at SportsDirect!
I wonder which soul sucking tunes they'll have on this time? :wink:

Haha yep -.- I was like :lolwut: but they've taken out some of the old old songs out of the playlist -.-
Haha :wink:
Ohh still soul destroying :wink: don't know what to make of them really :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
im leaving next week, and when i asked the manager for an email and number for when im applying for a new job as theyll ask for a reference i was told its the one on the website, the only one i can find is a customer services one? is that what im supposed to use?
Original post by randomm1
im leaving next week, and when i asked the manager for an email and number for when im applying for a new job as theyll ask for a reference i was told its the one on the website, the only one i can find is a customer services one? is that what im supposed to use?

Not a 100% sure, they might be on about your own store's website, which can be located on the website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
all i can find is the address and opening times for my store on the sportsdirect website, no email
all i can find is the address and opening times for my store on the sportsdirect website, no email

Your stores number might be on there..I don't know about an email I'm afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your stores number might be on there..I don't know about an email I'm afraid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah well thanks anywayy :smile:
ah well thanks anywayy :smile:

Your welcome :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Long time no speak..

Posted from TSR Mobile

New songs! Yeah we don't have them yet :frown:

Question about area managers
How often do you see yours?
I work at an FT store, we are very quiet and in a crappy shopping centre and take very low earnings (average weekday around £1k, weekend £2.2k). We haven't seen our area manager in over a year, we had another area manager round for our stock take last week and another different one for our checklist this week. We've seen the checklist guy about 3-4 times in the last year and still none of our own area manager? Just wondering if this is a trend in smaller stores or we have an area manager with a tonne of trust in us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RussMack
New songs! Yeah we don't have them yet :frown:

Question about area managers
How often do you see yours?
I work at an FT store, we are very quiet and in a crappy shopping centre and take very low earnings (average weekday around £1k, weekend £2.2k). We haven't seen our area manager in over a year, we had another area manager round for our stock take last week and another different one for our checklist this week. We've seen the checklist guy about 3-4 times in the last year and still none of our own area manager? Just wondering if this is a trend in smaller stores or we have an area manager with a tonne of trust in us

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok :redface:
I see mine on stocktake (had one on Tuesday, was the last time I saw him :biggrin:) and every now and again he'll come into the store. But the other week when we had stocktake we had someone else come in as I think my own was on holiday :s
It varies how much my store takes, my store is situated just outside of a shopping centre :redface:
Maybe your area manager trusts you guys :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a customer today who wanted a couple of items today, when I scanned them through I told her the price. She was then like no it's two for £17. I then told her it's not mix and match. Plus they were two totally different brands and products and it even says 'this product only not a mix and match offer' and she was like oh it's really bad marketing blah blah blah then only wanted one item..I was like really :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a customer today who wanted a couple of items today, when I scanned them through I told her the price. She was then like no it's two for £17. I then told her it's not mix and match. Plus they were two totally different brands and products and it even says 'this product only not a mix and match offer' and she was like oh it's really bad marketing blah blah blah then only wanted one item..I was like really :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We get that all the time with the socks and the water shoes, say the price and they're like it says 2 for £10 pathetically so I point at the words less than a centimetre away saying this product only and they're left speechless, 1 - 0 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RussMack
We get that all the time with the socks and the water shoes, say the price and they're like it says 2 for £10 pathetically so I point at the words less than a centimetre away saying this product only and they're left speechless, 1 - 0 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah I find that too if I'm ever on downstairs tills where the water shoes are but the customers at my store do usually put two and two together for the sock offer :redface: but it also frustrates me if I'm on the customer service tills where you do the returns, etc and if the customer isn't aware of the returns policy they look at you as though it's your fault the policy is exchange or credit note unless the item is faulty and you can get a refund if you don't want to exchange :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking back at this thread and all it does is remind me of why i left. Good riddance. lol

Quick Reply

Latest