The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mikey_NNG
Looking back at this thread and all it does is remind me of why i left. Good riddance. lol

Fair dos lol
I'm looking for another job tbh
Keep getting put on tills these days instead of shoes :frown: and lately they keep asking me how many bags for life I've done and it's really starting to irritate me cuz the majority of the time customers don't flipping want one and prefer the free plastic ones.,

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have induction, what do I wear to it and what will happen on the day?
Reply 4282
quit while you have the chance
Original post by lizzykta
I have induction, what do I wear to it and what will happen on the day?

The induction isn't too formal, just wear normal clothes (don't go in scruffs as we had a lad do) and they'll take your fingerprints, give it you your uniform and give you a general introduction to the stores and it's ways. By this I mean they'll show you where each section of the store is and briefly what they have. They'll also show you where stock rooms are and stuff, they're friendly people if you are! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah what RussMack said :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RussMack
The induction isn't too formal, just wear normal clothes (don't go in scruffs as we had a lad do) and they'll take your fingerprints, give it you your uniform and give you a general introduction to the stores and it's ways. By this I mean they'll show you where each section of the store is and briefly what they have. They'll also show you where stock rooms are and stuff, they're friendly people if you are! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, when you say where normal clothes, do you mean like jeans or joggers with like a tshirt etc
If I sell another product along with the original product a customer was going to buy how do I receive incentive. How does the store know if I'm the one who sold the item?
If I sell another product along with the original product a customer was going to buy how do I receive incentive. How does the store know if I'm the one who sold the item?

If you were to sell an insole/heel cup with a shoe or a pair of sondico football boots with a pair of sondico socks (not the ones withe the plastic packaging as you don't get commission on them) then put your payroll number where a tilly will see them. With some of the Karrimor trainers will require your payroll number, BUT make sure you sell them with a pair of Karrimor running socks. Management will know as they can have a look from the podium computer :smile:

EDIT: if you're on tills and sell b4l and magazines then management can view it from the podium computer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
thanks, when you say where normal clothes, do you mean like jeans or joggers with like a tshirt etc

Decent jeans would be good yes! We had a lad come in who looked like he'd just been pulled off the street in his joggers and his 'hipster' top, not the look I'd go for when going to an induction! Simple and no fuss does the job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RussMack
Decent jeans would be good yes! We had a lad come in who looked like he'd just been pulled off the street in his joggers and his 'hipster' top, not the look I'd go for when going to an induction! Simple and no fuss does the job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok, thank you
Original post by ohhello92x
If you were to sell an insole/heel cup with a shoe or a pair of sondico football boots with a pair of sondico socks (not the ones withe the plastic packaging as you don't get commission on them) then put your payroll number where a tilly will see them. With some of the Karrimor trainers will require your payroll number, BUT make sure you sell them with a pair of Karrimor running socks. Management will know as they can have a look from the podium computer :smile:

EDIT: if you're on tills and sell b4l and magazines then management can view it from the podium computer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok that makes sense now, thank you.
Ok that makes sense now, thank you.

Your welcome :biggrin: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a customer today who I served who told me that my manger and assistant manager were unhelpful :/ I was like really 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a customer today who I served who told me that my manger and assistant manager were unhelpful :/ I was like really 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL, sounds surprising...

I used to sell trainers to chavs....now I sell alcohol to chavs.

Moving up in the world :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
LOL, sounds surprising...

I used to sell trainers to chavs....now I sell alcohol to chavs.

Moving up in the world :wink:

Lool I know right :tongue: :wink: wasn't quite sure what to say to her tho haha

Haha yup you definitely are moving up in the world :wink: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have my first shift/induction on Saturday 11:30-5, what should I expect?

You'd get shown all the stockrooms and how to do footwear, etc. or you may get shown how to do tills. But it's just them showing you the ropes really :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4297

till training
Original post by Hicko
till training

I was never till trained until a few months after starting :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'd get shown all the stockrooms and how to do footwear, etc. or you may get shown how to do tills. But it's just them showing you the ropes really :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok then. I hope I'm not on tills, I feel that it will be boring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending