The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

on the sports direct app where you can find out how much you have made on commission, working hours, etc... there is a section where you get told the individual '5 star store rank' of yourself. what does this depend on??
Original post by cheeky_monkey
on the sports direct app where you can find out how much you have made on commission, working hours, etc... there is a section where you get told the individual '5 star store rank' of yourself. what does this depend on??

The ranking of how much commission products you have sold in comparison with others in your store
Original post by cleggj88
The ranking of how much commission products you have sold in comparison with others in your store

but ive only sold one item of commission products this month and ive been ranked 5 out of 33
but ive only sold one item of commission products this month and ive been ranked 5 out of 33

Check your achievements to see for sure how many commission products as it will tell you
Original post by cleggj88
Check your achievements to see for sure how many commission products as it will tell you

ive checked, its definitely only one product
ive checked, its definitely only one product
IDK then
I started around a month ago. Sports direct isn't the most interesting job in the world. My co-workers are real nice and helpful, but my managers can be a bit impatient and slightly "uninformative" to say the least. I'm on £4.20 an hour + commissions.

The app isn't working for me yet, but I've sold the most add on products out of all the new staff that joined with me so that's pretty good :smile:

Pay isn't great, hours aren't the best either, but it's a good first job (especially if you want to go into retail when you're older).

I find working on shoes really fun and I enjoy it, tbh. The schedule is perhaps the worst thing about the job... that or shutting down on *****y clothing on the evenings for 3 hours.

I'll probably stay for a while, maybe a few more months... I'll need a better paying job soon, £4.20 isn't really good enough. Though, I expect I'll make an extra £50 or more per month with commission which isn't too bad.
(edited 7 years ago)
Damn - Sports Direct taking the piss with paying 4.20.
Legal or not, that is nauseating.
does anybody know if you get paid more if you work on boxing day or bank holidays??
does anybody know if you get paid more if you work on boxing day or bank holidays??

Exactly the same rate as always

Normal rate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't
Popping into this thread for the first time since I left all the way back in March. How's everyone doing? How's Sports Direct treating you guys?
Original post by qasim_96
Popping into this thread for the first time since I left all the way back in March. How's everyone doing? How's Sports Direct treating you guys?

Hey :smile: I'm good thanks, how are you? Oh it's the same old same old with how Sports Direct are treating us :redface:, are you in another job (sorry if you've mentioned it since you last posted on this thread, can't remember now :colondollar:) and if so how is your job treating you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been working now here now for about five months now. i guess its got its down fall, but doesn't everywhere?? I feel as if its hard to get a lot of shifts (even if you ask for more). Is that the case for the store you work for??
I've been working now here now for about five months now. i guess its got its down fall, but doesn't everywhere?? I feel as if its hard to get a lot of shifts (even if you ask for more). Is that the case for the store you work for??

yeah especially now, i am a student and can only work weekends but this weekend i am doing 16-19 on sat and then 12-17 on sun. Then next week i am only doing 16-19 on sat
Original post by ohhello92x
Hey :smile: I'm good thanks, how are you? Oh it's the same old same old with how Sports Direct are treating us :redface:, are you in another job (sorry if you've mentioned it since you last posted on this thread, can't remember now :colondollar:) and if so how is your job treating you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good thanks. Currently working at Maplin during my gap year before starting uni in September. There's a friend of mine who got a job at the same sports direct as I worked at so I guess it's now his turn to go through all the things I endured :smile:. As for my job, it certainly isn't a dream job but it's definitely a lot more laid back and it isn't as busy. I've only been there for a couple of months so I'm still getting used to it but there isn't as much pressure to sell sell sell.

It was the case for me when I started but the way to get around it is to pretty much sell as much as you can. The more commission you make the more money the store makes and you get more hours as a result. Eventually I got to a point where I was working 5-6 days a week and about 8-9 hours a day. They just want people who can sell and make them money.
I'm good thanks. Currently working at Maplin during my gap year before starting uni in September. There's a friend of mine who got a job at the same sports direct as I worked at so I guess it's now his turn to go through all the things I endured :smile:. As for my job, it certainly isn't a dream job but it's definitely a lot more laid back and it isn't as busy. I've only been there for a couple of months so I'm still getting used to it but there isn't as much pressure to sell sell sell.

Oh that's good then :smile:, sounds like it's good, plus at least you'll have saved up for uni too :tongue:! Oh fair enough, at least he'll know what you had to put up with :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ohhello92x
Oh that's good then :smile:, sounds like it's good, plus at least you'll have saved up for uni too :tongue:! Oh fair enough, at least he'll know what you had to put up with :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the main reason I took a gap year is to earn some money beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending