The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thud
I bet they do. :rolleyes:

I spent this morning lying in my garden wearing a bikini, getting a lovely tan, drinking a can of strongbow and reading a book.

How dare you say the women of iran have a better quality of life.

Have you ever been to Iran?
Honestly, they have far more relaxing and easy going lives than the majority of women here. They have litte to worry about, and roam the streets buying clothes and spending their husband's money. Whenever friends from Iran come over here they habitually comment on how difficult life is over here, compared to there.
Reply 21
piece_by_piece
Honestly, they have far more relaxing and easy going lives than the majority of women here. They have litte to worry about, and roam the streets buying clothes and spending their husband's money. Whenever friends from Iran come over here they habitually comment on how difficult life is over here, compared to there.

but they're not allowed to drink or wear low cut skirts, they have it bad!
Reply 22
Bateman
yes the book, what's the word i'm looking for?
how bout the film perspolis or without my daugther.

What do they all have in common.

You went in your garden with your bikini, got perved at, got drunk what a lovely day you had - they're muslims.... they don't want to do that.

Erm...you're a bit of a lightweight if you're drunk on one can of strongbow...

regardless,

how nice of you to choose what they want to do or not. :rolleyes: Not intelligent enough to choose for themselves?

piece_by_piece

We have this thing called "freedom". It means we're not all stuck at home like 17th century women. We can choose whether we want to be stuck at home or out having our own lives.
Bateman

Haha.
Well, they can wear short skirts or whatever in the comfort of their own homes/gardens :yep:
Reply 24
Bateman
They treat their women right, rape rates, and abuse are very low in iran. Yes, they have to wear a headscarf, but they're all muslims anyway.

Not all of them want to wear a headscarf. The one's that don't wear it (or even wear it too far back on the head) are arrested. That's not treating women right.
Bateman
because they filmed the speach?
that helps, just a little, no?

ah, ok..didn't know sorry... do you have any links? :smile:
Thud
I bet they do. :rolleyes:

I spent this morning lying in my garden wearing a bikini, getting a lovely tan, drinking a can of strongbow and reading a book.

How dare you say the women of iran have a better quality of life.

The book (crime and punishment by Dostoyevsky) made a less than shining reference to Mohammed so would likely be banned in Iran.

lol, lying half naked and drinking booze doesnt constitue a better quality of life, im sure Iranian women can relax in their garden, drink tea and read a book, practically the same thing.

btw drinking strongbow in the morning!? i think you need to get some help there
Thud

We have this thing called "freedom". It means we're not all stuck at home like 17th century women. We can choose whether we want to be stuck at home or out having our own lives.

You think they're stuck at home all the time?
You are seriously deluded. They go out far more than you and I living in the UK.
Reply 28
piece_by_piece
You think they're stuck at home all the time?
You are seriously deluded. They go out far more than you and I living in the UK.

Yeah I bet, with their guardian watching them - just like children.
Thud

Wrong, AGAIN.
If you've never been there then don't make comments based on what you've seen in the media, because I guarantee you that it'll be a load of ****.
Reply 30
AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
lol, lying half naked and drinking booze doesnt constitue a better quality of life, im sure Iranian women can relax in their garden, drink tea and read a book, practically the same thing.

Doing what I want to do is what constitutes a better quality of life. Congrats on completely missing the point just like bateman.

piece_by_piece
Wrong, AGAIN.
If you've never been there then don't make comments based on what you've seen in the media, because I guarantee you that it'll be a load of ****.

I love how you don't contradict me offering koranic references that women don't need a brother, father etc to go out alone you just claim the media lies. :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm off to play rome total war but will happily continue this later.
I would rather Iran didn't have nuclear weapons - i'm not sure why anyone who wants to live in a stable (I know it's unfair - but unfair stability to me is better than dying) world.

Unless they think that Iran really is as politically stable as Ancient Persia?
e-m-i-l-y
Is it just me or is the term "Qu'ran thumper" extremly offensive.
Maybe ive interpreted wrong, but if you're trying to get a valid point across why be so rude?

It's no ruder than "bible basher". Are you a muslim? If not, please don't get offended on their behalf, it's rude and presumptious.
AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Do you think the world is all like Chelsea?

Most people don't get to 'relax in their garden' as they don't have a garden. Still mroe reading a book in iran where a large amount would probably get you into trouble.
Thud

Have you been to Iran?
Reply 35
Ethelred the Unready
Some Westerners treat their women as cattle tooooo.

You are so right because women everywhere in the world are treated like cattle even now .I think all that paradax wants to do is abuse iran and muslims
Thud

No, many Iranian women work, go shops and go to uni etc, and I think you'll find they go out without their "guardian" as you put it
History Lost in Physics
I would rather Iran didn't have nuclear weapons - i'm not sure why anyone who wants to live in a stable (I know it's unfair - but unfair stability to me is better than dying) world.

Unless they think that Iran really is as politically stable as Ancient Persia?

I'd rather no country in the world had nuclear weapons! I'd be a lot more reassured then.
Thud
Doing what I want to do is what constitutes a better quality of life. Congrats on completely missing the point just like bateman.

I love how you don't contradict me offering koranic references that women don't need a brother, father etc to go out alone you just claim the media lies. :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm off to play rome total war but will happily continue this later.

Try the EB mod - it's much better!
Bateman

They can. Even in restaurants, if they close it so that it becomes "private" they can take off their hijabs and drink alcohol.

There are lots of ways of getting round the rules, but essentially, if you keep your activities away from public view you can do lots.

Latest

Trending

Trending