The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

...thro rox at them
she
I'm not so sure about that. Make up is also a bloody effort. I'm sure if shaving and make-up were banished then there'd be an extra hour in the day.

Besides make-up creates a higher and false expectation of beauty than what is natural. That can't be right/fair.

Yet women willingly use make-up and beautiful clothes to pretty themselves up. To quote Ogden Nash:

"A girl whose cheeks are covered with paint
Has an advantage with me over one whose ain’t."

Using make-up has a certain evolutionary appeal. :p: If you consider using make-up and shaving your legs to be a bloody effort, then just don't do it. Believe me, if men had socially acceptable ways of making themselves more handsome, they would use 'em. As it stands, we're stuck with moisturisers. :p:
Reply 22
I can barely be bothered shaving my face.
Reply 23
Crimson Black
Yet women willingly use make-up and beautiful clothes to pretty themselves up. To quote Ogden Nash:

"A girl whose cheeks are covered with paint
Has an advantage with me over one whose ain’t."

Using make-up has a certain evolutionary appeal. :p: If you consider using make-up and shaving your legs to be a bloody effort, then just don't do it. Believe me, if men had socially acceptable ways of making themselves more handsome, they would use 'em. As it stands, we're stuck with moisturisers. :p:

The thing is though women "have" to do these things because otherwise people would find them unnattractive and "geeky". I know i've gone clubbing without make-up and with my glasses on, I was made fun of by the men I didn't even know. Whenever I went with the stuff slapped on I pulled.

Men are found more attractive though when they are sort of natural. It's been ":p:scientifically:p:" proven that stubble is attractive on men. Men also don't get as wrinkly as women because their skin is thicker.
Reply 24
L i b

Good, burn the boxers too! Menenism!
Reply 25
qubog
AND good makeup costs a fortune. So really the makeup companies are creating a social divide; people who can afford good makeup look good and the plebs get kicked in the face :no:

Yeah, if I had a pound for every foot shaped bruise on my face :frown:
she
The thing is though women "have" to do these things because otherwise people would find them unnattractive and "geeky". I know i've gone clubbing without make-up and with my glasses on, I was made fun of by the men I didn't even know. Whenever I went with the stuff slapped on I pulled.

Men are found more attractive though when they are sort of natural. It's been ":p:scientifically:p:" proven that stubble is attractive on men. Men also don't get as wrinkly as women because their skin is thicker.

Well, aren't us men lucky then. :biggrin:

On the flipside: women get to be right about everything, even when they're wrong. :biggrin:
Reply 27
I heard that in prison men shave one of their legs so at night they stroke it with the other leg and imagine they're sleeping with a women.

:erm:
Reply 28
Crimson Black
Well, aren't us men lucky then. :biggrin:

On the flipside: women get to be right about everything, even when they're wrong. :biggrin:

They are never wrong :eek:
Reply 29
she

:rofl:
she

Condi Rice was. :woo:
she
This is about MEN.

And waxing is such a crap thing to do (and I own an epilator). It takes ages for hair to grow back long enough to be waxable that you might as well have shaved in the mean time.

At first I.E 0-24 years old I used to think that girl's arms never had hair...I didnt think they shaved their arms...I kwow about the legs but anywhoo...oh I tried shaving my legs once when I was about 14 and they grew back thicker and now my legs look nice and thick :p:
Here's some good stuff: Get you boyfriend to join you and let him shave your legs...I'll hire myself out if you need help :biggrin:
she

Seriously! if men make fun of you with glasses on then they should still not be worth chatting with when you have said "makeup" on...I am sure there are alot of decent men that would not have called you names...I think that is a bad thing for men to do...Maybe it's clubs that attract more of that type of man but I dunno because i don't go to clubs much...infact 90% of the clubs I went to when I was about 23 years old were gay clubs and mixed clubs i.e gays and lesbians, not that I am gay...I just felt relaxed and had a good time there with a gay friend and a girl I knew :smile:
L i b

I can barely be bothered shaving my balls everyday, but i do.

:rolleyes:

* doesn't.
Reply 34
she
Yeah, I think men should shave their whole legs (thigh, and below the knee), "bikini" lines and under their arms every day for two weeks so they can see what it's like.

I doubt shaving the face everyday is much of a comparison.

You can't cover up your face.
I don't think women should shave their legs. It's just hair, why the big deal.

icantthinkofacoolusername
Hairy armpits hold 5 times more sweat than a hairless armpit.

Boys are smelly.

Fact.

So it drips down and makes your clothes smell instead. Great.
Reply 36
she
Yeah, I think men should shave their whole legs (thigh, and below the knee), "bikini" lines and under their arms every day for two weeks so they can see what it's like.

I doubt shaving the face everyday is much of a comparison.

Anyway, this is chat, random ramblings are allowed.

I wouldn't go with absolutes if I were you. I think it should be a personally choice, rather than straight yes, they should or no, they shouldn't.

I do know lots of men back home who think that men who shave their legs are closeted gays or nothing but gays. This includes my brother as well. All of this is SO TOTALLY WRONG! People who think that men who shave their legs are homos, are most probably ignorant of what homosexuality really is. Shaving legs has nothing to do with sexuality.

It's so narrow minded to say that men leg shaving is gay.

Personally, I do it and like it. :yep:
im happy being hairy, of course i shave and have a hair cut but ive not got a problem with hair and girls,its ur problem and theres nothing u can do about it and this time im right coz u aint gonna make a man shave his bits, and i doubt ur willing to do it with/for him!!!
Reply 38
i think you should go back to the kitchen

but we dont get what we all want

Latest