The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All girls get honked at/whistled at, because there is a disproportion of idiot males to pretty girls..

Even my mum gets whistled and she's 44.
Hahahaha I feel for you...
I'm quite...'busty', I;ve had EVERYTHING.
Someone proposed to me the other day (randomly), when I was 13 a man came up to me and said: "I like your breasts. Can I touch them?". I've had men actually grab my arse (and once boobs) in the street, :confused:. Who do they think they are!?
I was walking down the street, and this OLD man came up to me and blocked my way, he wouldnt let me past, going, I want to tell you something. So I'm like: what? He goes: I find you very beautiful. I was like, urrrm, ok? Then he goes: No, don't laugh! I find you very beautiful, but also very rude. THEN, he stroked my cheek and I was just standing there going WTF? GET OFF ME!!!!!
My neighbour opposite once told me he was in love with me (on New Yr's night) and that he was dreaming off a woman like me to look after him and his sons. Urm, yeah right...
I've been followed home in cars, followed, shouted at, a guy with a rottweiler called me a stuck-up bitch for refusing to talk to him. Someone with a bike followed me for 20 mins, trying to talk to me. I've been serenaded even.
And I saved the worst till last: I got a letter through my door adressed to 'the violinist' from someone telling me they had seen me on the train and followed me home (train station is a good 10 mins away), and wanted me to be in a movie they were making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've had people give me post-its with their numbers, some guy once gave me an ultimatum "If you don't want my number, fine I'll go!" "Ok, go then..." Offers of free stuff, it's MAD! My boobs aren't THAT big!
LoL I get this every so often - I just usually ignore it and pretend I can't hear - I either walk faster/change direction or close my car window.
Reply 43
The reason so many guys think this is ok is because they'd love to be reciving that kind of attention themselves from random passing females.
Reply 44
To stick up for the guys who honk/wolf whistle etc its only a bit of fun for the lads who are bored at work!! Dont take it personally... we know you love it secretly, whatever you might say. Theres no wanting you to get yer tats out, its simply a bit of fun. Purlease..... everyone needs to be a little more lighthearted with things.
It's, sadly, quite normal for some sleazeballs to do these kind of things.
I definitely get less of this creepy chat up as I grow older though. Must be something to do with younger girls looking more vunerable and therefore are less likely to answer back to them. These men are sad sad creatures with low self-esteem, you see.
I can't believe they went as far as coming out of their cars to catch up with you,though. Next time just kick the man in the balls!
Reply 46
One day I got tired of my former neighbor (old man in his mid 40's) giving me perverted stares and making piggish comments that made me feel umcomfortable, so I asked him "How would you feel if your 18 year old daughter showed up with a 45 year old boyfriend?" , he replied back, "If he is a billionare its ok". Apparently these old guys are like this because the lack a sense of value, and morals. If I came home at 18 with a 45 year old at my arm, my father would beat the guy, and send me to counseling. Because an 18 year old is incapable of knowing what is best for her, this is why I had positive peers in my life to help guide me. Many men because they are older think that younger women are easy targets. I don't think there is anything wrong if a woman in her 30's is dating a guy twice her age, because the difference is she has matured enough to make better decisions (although she can still make mistakes)
caustic87
If someone is really staring at you, I find saying, "I really don't know what you're looking at" in a loud voice stops them.

Get a recording of somebody saying it in a deep male voice and practise lip syncing to it. :biggrin:
This is happening to me.I am also sixteen but I go to a mixed school, I literally was coming home and about to knock on my hose door when a man looked at me and asked for my name and number, he kept begging me.I refused and as soon the door opened I dashed in.No boy my age finds me attractive but disgusting men.
I'm 20 now. But this use to happen to me a lot when I was 16. I use to be so scared and not talk back to them in case they do something bad to me. But now omg I do not let them get away with it and I always talk back if it happens (obviously if i'm alone and it's dark I don't say anything). Some people would say take it as a compliment they think that you're attractive. this couldn't be further from the truth. It happens to the most 'unattractive' girls. They don't care if you're attractive or not they just do it so they could intimidate you. They do it only because you are a women. These guys often they lack in self esteem also....
Reply 50
I honestly don't remember posting in this topic.....

it's that old..
Original post by ANM775
tbh these men doing it probably think you like it.

I am male, and on two occasions in the past I was honked at/shouted at by females driving by in thier cars.

It made my day :smile:

You wrote this 10 years ago. 😂😂😂
I can relate.

Latest

Trending

Trending