The Student Room Group

Asda Notice Period

Anyone know how much notice you need to give before leaving? I assumed it was two weeks but have been told by a friend it is four. Thjanks.
It usually depends on a number of factors : How long you've been there etc etc.

Do you have a staff handbook? It should tell you in there. I work in Morissons and have for just under a year; I only have to give 1 weeks notice.

X
Reply 2
General Mullet
Anyone know how much notice you need to give before leaving? I assumed it was two weeks but have been told by a friend it is four. Thjanks.

Realistically speaking they have to pay you for the hours youve worked, so you could just walk out the door today!
Reply 3
Been there just over a year, I shall try and find my handbook. It is tempting to just walk but I am due a lot of holiday hours and would rather end on good terms!
MuseValheru
Realistically speaking they have to pay you for the hours youve worked, so you could just walk out the door today!

no, they don't :no:
i am pretty sure ASDA works with that one-week rule. which means if you just quit, then you'll lose a week's wages. including any overtime you've done.

my grandma used to work at ASDA, and she had to give a months notice before she quit :s-smilie: i think it depends on the store.
Reply 5
SpiritedAway
no, they don't :no:
i am pretty sure ASDA works with that one-week rule. which means if you just quit, then you'll lose a week's wages. including any overtime you've done.

my grandma used to work at ASDA, and she had to give a months notice before she quit :s-smilie: i think it depends on the store.

Im afraid its the law, they have to pay you for what you worked!
Reply 6
I worked at Morrisons and I only had to complete a weeks notice, its good though because in your next wage they include all the holidays that you have accrued over your working year
Reply 7
In tesco, providing your not a manager its only a week. I'd just write them a letter with a stated leaving date, saying that on the 1/1/09 will be your last shift with the company.
MuseValheru
Im afraid its the law, they have to pay you for what you worked!

yeah, but if you don't leave them notice then they don't have to pay you the one week in hand thing. nearly everywhere does it.
The Asda store I work at have told me its 4weeks notice.

Failing that - just probe someone who works there and see what they say.
asked today, it is one week for non-salaried staff
I handed my notice in one week ago & I finish 1 week today? Question will I be entitled to bonus pay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending