The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Goldenballs
Urm, actually my degrees four years long and after that I'm hoping to go into Investment Banking or Law. So how is that bumming around for two years?

It's having mummy and daddy pay for you to spend your time working towards a useless qualification.

That said, I have nothing against people learning at ex-polys. But if you're going to put other people down...
Bangers+Mash
This is the second most pathetic thing i've read on here:

This is the first: [From another thread]

Yesssssssssssss! :rolleyes:
If some one who goes to Oxbridge, Durham and even bristol uni made a comment about the working class, then maybe i can see where they are coming from, but ****ing hell you are at wolvo uni...i have nothing against that place....except its in one of the most boring cities i can think of full of working class yam yams...i bet you love it then
Grape190190
It's having mummy and daddy pay for you to spend your time working towards a useless qualification.

That said, I have nothing against people learning at ex-polys. But if you're going to put other people down...

How dare you suggest that I'm simply sponging off mummy and daddy you arrogant sod. My tuition fees are covered by a trust fund set up by my grandparents before I was born. What's wrong with that?
Goldenballs
How dare you suggest that I'm simply sponging off mummy and daddy you arrogant sod. My tuition fees are covered by a trust fund set up by my grandparents before I was born. What's wrong with that?

The fact that you use the fact that your tuition fees are covered by a trust fund to belittle others i.e ME, IM SO SORRY NANNY AND GRANDAD COULDN'T FIX ME UP, maybe im jelous...yes i am because i would live a ****ing much more interesting life than you would if i had my tuition fees paid...but no..instead i work VERY HARD :smile:

*Waits for more warning points* :smile:
Goldenballs

You're such a troll. And if you're not, it's hilarious.
Grape190190
You're such a troll. And if you're not, it's hilarious.

Oh so I'm hilarious am I?
I-said-haha
Yesssssssssssss! :rolleyes:

lol, to be fair, i was on your side-ish in that thread, i live in Birmingham :rolleyes: so have been brought up to respect other cultures...no matter how different they are to mine :smile:
Bangers+Mash
The fact that you use the fact that your tuition fees are covered by a trust fund to belittle others i.e ME, IM SO SORRY NANNY AND GRANDAD COULDN'T FIX ME UP, maybe im jelous...yes i am because i would live a ****ing much more interesting life than you would if i had my tuition fees paid...but no..instead i work VERY HARD :smile:

*Waits for more warning points* :smile:

How was I belittling you AT ALL? You stated that mummy and daddy were paying for everything, and I simply corrected that statement!
Goldenballs
How was I belittling you AT ALL? You stated that mummy and daddy were paying for everything, and I simply corrected that statement!

Um, no: I said that, not him.

But anyway, trooooollll.
Goldenballs you didn't "simply' do anything. Just stop posting on this thread before you spurt more utter crap. Not only are you patronising but also naive! hoorah

:troll2:
Reply 31
my mates 18 and hes starting his AS' this september he's doing; history, biology, DT and psychology I think
Grape190190
Um, no: I said that, not him.

But anyway, trooooollll.

I don't know what a trooooollll is.
Reply 33
Goldenballs
No I won't be 18 and starting A-levels as I don't believe in bumming around for two years.

that is quite an assumption to make.

i think that the fact that people are deciding to do their a-levels even though they are 18 and will be 2 years older than their class mates could be a harder decision than just leaving school and doing them straight away.
Bangers+Mash
lol, to be fair, i was on your side-ish in that thread, i live in Birmingham :rolleyes: so have been brought up to respect other cultures...no matter how different they are to mine :smile:

No sweat, it just riles me up when people are offensive and ignorant about others' religion especially as I've seen this ignorance affect a lot of people in the worst possible ways. Maybe I went a bit OTT :wink:
Goldenballs

Ye ^ i didnt say that,
You commented on me being working class earlier in this thread :smile: implying to me that because i was retaking my AS Levels and the fact that you found this to be a "waste of time...bumming around for two years" that im crap and poor

yes, i know im crap, i know im poor, but i work twice as hard as the average person i know and yet still end up with ****, but hey ho it wont stop me trying again next year :smile:
Goldenballs
Lol I'm guessing you're working class by your limited vocabulary.

I am working-class. (Hyphenation is the proper grammar when being used as an adjective, of course.) However, I'm not going to Wolverhampton University, and if I were, I certainly wouldn't have your pretensions.

To the OP, good luck. :yep:
Reply 37
Just going to throw this out there, but none of this conversation seems to be able to help the OP.

OP, I think it's great that you are going back to school now that you know what you want to do. And don't worry about any of the annoying 16 year olds, if they bother you about it take the moral high road and use that energy to do well in your courses. Good Luck.
Reply 38
scout5
that is quite an assumption to make.

i think that the fact that people are deciding to do their a-levels even though they are 18 and will be 2 years older than their class mates could be a harder decision than just leaving school and doing them straight away.

much harder i debated it and debated it. but i realised in the end that i really wanted to go to university and i actually missed school as odd as it one thing ive learnt about working for 2 years is that the monotonous routine of it is rather tedious after a while it gets ****ing irritating.more so than school because of course at school everyday your doing something new. but work same *******s all the time lol. dont get me wrong the nights out in london ive had since were amazing due to working in great enviroments but im dreading and relishing the prospect of some good old study
jismith1989
I am working-class. (Hyphenation is the proper grammar when being used as an adjective, of course.) However, I'm not going to Wolverhampton University, and if I were, I certainly wouldn't have your pretensions.

To the OP, good luck. :yep:

Thank you :smile:. I'll be thinking of your good wishes when I'm working for JP Morgan.

Latest