The Student Room Group

Reapplying query

I've applied for law and business courses at several universities. But, unfortunately, I highly doubt I'm going to get the grades. If I don't, I've decided I want to avoid clearing because this is the course I want to do - therefore my only option is to apply in a gap year.

I currently have my firm and insurance choices, but if I'm unsuccessful from both, I've decided to withdraw. In my gap year I'm hoping to resit an A level (if necessary) and take up an extra one - would it be wise to include either my firm or insurance choice this year in next year's application cycle? They could hold it against me, couldn't they? But at the same time I'm hoping they'd notice my perseverance and determination to go there - as well as the fact that I'd be doing another A level.
Reply 1
bump!
Reply 2
If you want to go to those unis then reapply. If you don't then don't. They're not guaranteed to give you an offer just because you got one this time, but it is impossible to predict
Reply 3
I guess you have to wait and see, but I've read (I think it was here) before that you may be able to change your offer for deferred entry so you can retake and go to the uni the next year!
Reply 4
student_s
I guess you have to wait and see, but I've read (I think it was here) before that you may be able to change your offer for deferred entry so you can retake and go to the uni the next year!

That's wrong. You need to meet your offer by August 31st, even for deferred entry

Latest

Trending

Trending