The Student Room Group

But how will my universities know my AS grades or that I've done a resit?

Okay, I have read the FAQs and such-like, and whilst they have cleared up a few things, I still don't understand.

How on EARTH will my universities know what my AS grades are? Okay, touchwood I should get As in all modules so IF i enter my module grades for the first three boxes of the qualification, it will be pretty obvious I got an A at AS... but how else will they know? :s-smilie: ...I mean, I've been told it's not compulsory to enter module grades so how on earth would they know my AS grade if I don't put my module grades in? And also, if I didn't get 3 As in my AS modules for a subject, perhaps an A and two Bs or something, how would they know whether I had achieved an A or a B? There seems to be nowhere to write down my AS grade separately, and I have been told that I have to tabulate it as a full A level, just leaving the last three units and the overall qualification as pending.

There is also the thing that I have seen asked many times before, about a bad grade in AS critical thinking. I was told by my head of sixth form before the exam that it didn't matter and I could just sit the exam and if I did badly I could just decline the grade. But it seems this isn't true; that there no longer exists such a thing as "declining grades", so would I have any options? Can I leave both units and the overall grade as pending, if I really do intend to resit them next year, or do I have to include them because of the risk of any offers being withdrawn if I hold back any such information. (Perhaps this is also part of the answer to my next question...)

I've also done a retake in a maths module this summer, because I got a middling A first time and knew I was capable of a high A (well, maths IS what I'm applying for, so excuse me...). I will get the same grade again, but I have been told I need to include retakes- but where do I give this information!?

I'm sorry about this post and realise it is probably the case that I'm overlooking something or am getting increasingly stressed and frustrated for no reason, but please help if you can.
On your UCAS you can put your overall grade and your 3 module grades.
Don't worry about it now, your form teacher will show when you go back in september if you are not sure.
Reply 2
But I need to sort it NOW, I want it done by the time I get back to school... my reference has already been finished because my form tutor has left the school. And none of my teachers seem to have a clue how to fill the form in, nor have they even told us to do so... they might start chasing us up about November time, who knows, but the only person who had any real idea has now left.

Latest

Trending

Trending