The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
gringalet
Wow! Wish I'd have applied for Classics now! Mmm, pears...

you so should have. he gave us some really yummy biscuits and cakes at our last session of the term (and a couple of bananas for me).
Reply 41
naelse
you so should have. he gave us some really yummy biscuits and cakes at our last session of the term (and a couple of bananas for me).

Aww is that Charlie Weiss? We have him for Latin and he really is a sweetie. We were going to get him a t-shirt inscribed 'don't mess with the Supine' for xmas!
Reply 42
the biology girl seemed really dumb; a bigger garden has more birds in it. :eek:
Reply 43
hazzie1
the biology girl seemed really dumb; a bigger garden has more birds in it. :eek:

i agree.....all of the questions were common sense....i doubt you even have to do a-level biology to nail those questions on the head!
Reply 44
jamierwilliams
i agree.....all of the questions were common sense....i doubt you even have to do a-level biology to nail those questions on the head!

yep, i watched it thinking 'ohh i know what id say!...no dont say that! not that!...silly girl.....' judging by our reactions id agree they prob are purposely worse than average so as not to scare people, in fact i thought they were pretty dire performances at interview!

i almost changed my mind, i was thinking 'why didnt i apply for english?'...then i realised it might not be an *entirely* accurate depiction if an average performance...damn

Emily
Reply 45
lol be careful of being arrogant and criticising their interview performances. weird things happen when you're under pressure and not sure what they're looking for.
Reply 46
Minta2
Aww is that Charlie Weiss? We have him for Latin and he really is a sweetie. We were going to get him a t-shirt inscribed 'don't mess with the Supine' for xmas!

yeah it was charlie!! everyone loves him... ooooo and he said he's going to bring his new baby into our first lesson next term :biggrin:
Reply 47
fishpaste
lol be careful of being arrogant and criticising their interview performances. weird things happen when you're under pressure and not sure what they're looking for.
I understand that. You won't feel so confident guys, me included, when we have academics PEERING at us, not wanting to blurt out any stupidity...
Reply 48
fishpaste

I agree. It's all very well shouting out the answers from teh comfort of your living room, but when you are there I don't suppose it is nearly as easy to think straight. I'm sure after your interview if you watched it all again you'd cringe at some of the things you said!
Reply 49
RobbieC
I understand that. You won't feel so confident guys, me included, when we have academics PEERING at us, not wanting to blurt out any stupidity...

The advice the interview helper gave me before I went in for mine was "Don't think of them as two experts in their field, think of them as four eyes staring directly at YOU".

Heh. He thought he was so funny. :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending