The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

how likely is it that i will get my first choice accommodation?

how likely is it that i will get my first choice accommodation?

my first choice is a standard Furness-ian room
and
my second choice is a standard Grizedale-an room

ooh, and can anyone tell me a bit about Furness and Grizedale.
Like, how quiet they are, the standard of the standard accomodation. how big the rooms are, how clean the kitchen is, the number of people to a kitchen ratio and so on.
and, rather trivially how the fridge space is divided.

any potential Furness-ians please give a shout out here. I want to see the kind of insane people i'll be living with :smile: :smile: hehehe.
Reply 1
furness is abit iffy for the standard on chances, they dont have that much left, and quite abit is given over to upper year students,
the furness acomodation is 8 people per kitchen i think, maybe 6...

Grizdale just got half a dozen new town houses that are all 'standard'
the town houses [assuming theyt follow the same design as county] have 12 people per house, 4 per floor, with a kitchen and living room on the ground floor...

Rooms are slightly bigger the small room in a standard semi [only thing i can really compare it too] but alot of stuff is 'fitted' thus there should be enough room to pack away all your junk...

the newer rooms also have under bed storage which is highly usefull.

Both sets have their accomodation a reasonable distance from the bars [furness will be slightly further away], but in easy walking distance [~1min]
fridge space is divided by the people in the house, but usually ends up with 1 shelf per person [sometimes more depending on where you are.]

if you are in the new grizdale stuff its brand new so...
the older furness stuff is fairly good, it was the basis for grad colledge i think, and as such is not bad, but has seen some use [though they are god about replacing carpets every few years etc..]

Furness is one of the most highly used bars on campus and is called Trevor... its very much the place for small groups of people to meet and sit. [often used by societies for meetings!]

hope that helps,
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I'd say don't get your hopes up too much for Furness, it's one of the most oversubscribed colleges, if not the most. But Grizedale get nice shiney new accomodation!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending