Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Debenhams Group Interview - Clothes

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutly no idea what to wear to this group interview I've got for Debenhams.

It's at a fairly posh, local hotel. I've already been to a preliminary interview at the job centre and now I've got a follow-up, group interview. They said it would last 2-3 hours and I can't decide what on earth to wear.

It's not the same as a normal interview yet it's still an interview.

Any ideas. I'm a man, obviously.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just wear some suit trousers and a nice formal shirt. Jesus 2-3 hours, what the hell will you do? thats pretty long. Good luck anyways!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah smart-casual should do. plain (probably black) trousers with a shirt...what position is it for? if it's sales assistant sort of thing then that should be enough, if it's a bit higher then maybe think of a suit and tie?

plus how did you get the interview? i'm in need of some work myself. any tips gratefully received
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    plus how did you get the interview? i'm in need of some work myself. any tips gratefully received
    It's a new store in the new shopping centre, saw the ad in the paper, went for a prelim interview and got through to the group interview stage.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been already to a previous group interview.
    Everyone was dressed pretty formal tbh.

Questions they asked were:

If you could be any cartoon character who would you be? I kid you not.

We were split up into smaller groups and had to find things from a magazine to compliment a dress they gave us and talk about what kind of person would where such clothes.

Then we finally got an item each and had to sell it, say how good it is and what not.

Good luck with your interview
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I work in debenhams and have already posted information regarding the interview process, click the link below

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...60&postcount=5

Hope this helps
    Rob
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob 07)
    I work in debenhams and have already posted information regarding the interview process, click the link below

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...60&postcount=5

Hope this helps
    Rob
    Thanks, that was really useful. I'm going to wear a shirt, suit jacket, suit trousers and no tie.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My little sister is a manager at Debenhams and has done interviews for a couple years... she says be smart, and do your research about the company

Apparently I look scruffy without a tie so if it were me being interviewed she'd prefer a tie... but that's not a rule for everyone
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Touche)
    My little sister is a manager at Debenhams and has done interviews for a couple years... she says be smart, and do your research about the company

Apparently I look scruffy without a tie so if it were me being interviewed she'd prefer a tie... but that's not a rule for everyone
    I look like a 30 year-old bank manager with a tie yet magically transform into a handsome, Italian stud without one. Don't burst the bubble, don't burrrrrst it. :no:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 5, 2008
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.