The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
don't worry... there are lots of lovely people here at Newnham (including me) who are staying just to help you guys along. we'll be plying you with free tea and biscuits. tea and biscuits makes everythink ok. feel free to pm me with any Newnham questions.
hajira
hey..
anyone going to newnham for interviews any time soon?
i have mine for maths 9th dec....scared :redface:

I'll be arriving on the 9th for my interviews on the 10th!

What's your subject?

ZarathustraX
Reply 3
I'll still be up, I'm not helping out but I'll still be friendly to all! :biggrin:
Reply 4
aww..u guys sound so sweet :smile: makes me feel better already!
i'v applied for maths...n hav no clue as to wat sort of questions come up..
hope it goes well...anybody coming along for 9th interviews?..
Zarathustra im coming for the day only..when do u reckon u'll get there on the 9th?
hajira
aww..u guys sound so sweet :smile: makes me feel better already!
i'v applied for maths...n hav no clue as to wat sort of questions come up..
hope it goes well...anybody coming along for 9th interviews?..
Zarathustra im coming for the day only..when do u reckon u'll get there on the 9th?

Not sure yet. I'll be leaving straight from school (about 3 - 3.30 in the afternoon), and it takes a good few hours to get there. I'll let you know for definite nearer the time and we can meet up or something if you're still around (and want to)...

So how come you chose Newnham?

ZarathustraX
Reply 6
definitely :smile:...i dont kno anyone around there-it wud be real nice to meet u..
i'm going to be there till around 6:30...just booked my seat for 7pm back..
well actually didnt chose newnham myself...mine was an open application :smile:
wat hav u applied for??
u probably kno a lot more abt newnham than me since im guessing u chose it?!...any idea abt the interviews at all?
Reply 7
hi there!
i apply for maths at Newnham and will have the interview 9th dec as well!
who are your interviewers?
mine will be Mrs K. Edgcombe for general
and Dr P Tillett and Dr J H P Dawes for the academic one!
as far as i know they all are very kind and friendly especially Mr P Tillett...
however it does not stop me from scared...
Reply 8
n_e_m
hi there!
i apply for maths at Newnham and will have the interview 9th dec as well!
who are your interviewers?
mine will be Mrs K. Edgcombe for general
and Dr P Tillett and Dr J H P Dawes for the academic one!
as far as i know they all are very kind and friendly especially Mr P Tillett...
however it does not stop me from scared...
oo ditto!!...these r the same ppl...wow!..
wat time r urs?...mines 12 for the academic n 4pm for the general one...
r u coming the nite before or for the day?
i will def see u there! :smile:
where r u coming from?
Reply 9
My advice: bring food! I was so hungry the night before my interview, make sure you have a good breakfast!!

(There's a theme in my posts this evening!)
Katie J
My advice: bring food! I was so hungry the night before my interview, make sure you have a good breakfast!!

(There's a theme in my posts this evening!)

Oh yeah that reminds me, I maent to ask: I think (pzl confirm)we get breakfast in the morning if we stay over, but we have to go into CAm to get tea the night vefore / lunch on tht day, yaar?

zaratusraX
Reply 11
Well, are any of you guys going to be around for mine? I got my interviews for medicine on 13th (1 in am and 1 in pm) and I expect to arrive on 12th sometime! I hope so.....dont wanna be the only one there....home alone! Radhika X
Reply 12
Zarathustra
Oh yeah that reminds me, I maent to ask: I think (pzl confirm)we get breakfast in the morning if we stay over, but we have to go into CAm to get tea the night vefore / lunch on tht day, yaar?

zaratusraX

I'm not sure that they provide breakfast, they certainly didn't for me but things may have changed! The morning of my interview has been the only time I've used the buttery! That's one of the great things about Newnham, we have ace kitchens!
They'll be people (current students) about holding coffee parties etc. but I think it's expected you find your own food if you're after anything more sustaining than biscuits, but again not sure. I arrived late (stupid trains) and missed everything so was starving!
If you want lunch after your interview that's more than likely going to be out of your own pocket, go and have a nice relaxing dinner and avoid the buttery!
Reply 13
ooooo katy edgcombe is my tutor! she's lovely...
She's my supervisor. She's just set me an enormous amount of work to do over Christmas. :biggrin:
Reply 15
are you at newnham then?
No, Pembroke. We have a CompSci-supervision sharing thing going on. Dunno why really.
Katie J
I'm not sure that they provide breakfast, they certainly didn't for me but things may have changed! The morning of my interview has been the only time I've used the buttery! That's one of the great things about Newnham, we have ace kitchens!
They'll be people (current students) about holding coffee parties etc. but I think it's expected you find your own food if you're after anything more sustaining than biscuits, but again not sure. I arrived late (stupid trains) and missed everything so was starving!
If you want lunch after your interview that's more than likely going to be out of your own pocket, go and have a nice relaxing dinner and avoid the buttery!

i got dinner when i stayed at newnham for interviews. I *think* i had to pay for it, but i can't remember.
Reply 18
amateurish
i got dinner when i stayed at newnham for interviews. I *think* i had to pay for it, but i can't remember.

Did you apply to Newnham then?
It's a crazy system, the pool is meant to make it all fair and all that but one of my friends was pooled here from Peterhouse but the Petehouse girl now was pooled from Newnham, both doing arch & anth. Something must be going wrong for that to happen in the same year for the same subject! :eek:
Katie J
Did you apply to Newnham then?
It's a crazy system, the pool is meant to make it all fair and all that but one of my friends was pooled here from Peterhouse but the Petehouse girl now was pooled from Newnham, both doing arch & anth. Something must be going wrong for that to happen in the same year for the same subject! :eek:

yeah, it's weird isn't it? i'm sure some arch & anth people in my year were pooled there, as well. i think a lot of the pool is based on whether or not supervisors would enjoy teaching you...then again, the interviewers ended up teaching me for a year anyway because christ's & newnham share a lot of supervisors! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending