The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know... never got one myself.

Maybe band 1's :wink: lol
Reply 2
You got a star!? Where? As in A*?
I didnt get a star :frown:
It wont mean bands i don't think, they don't tell us stuff like that.
I didn't get a star... I feel somehow deprived. :P
Maybe it means you actually failed.

k/o :smile:
Kirstin

A star after the qualification means "exam only". To achieve a National Course you have to pass all the units and get a grade A to D. "Exam only" means that you have got grade A to D in the exam but not achieved all the units. It could be that you have failed one of the units or that we are still waiting for a result for a unit to be sent to us.

SAM
mysqa
Kirstin

A star after the qualification means "exam only". To achieve a National Course you have to pass all the units and get a grade A to D. "Exam only" means that you have got grade A to D in the exam but not achieved all the units. It could be that you have failed one of the units or that we are still waiting for a result for a unit to be sent to us.

SAM

Hi SAM

I'm just wondering if you know anything about the emergency appeals thing? Could you tell me when the results come through? It states on SQA's website that all appeals come back in September, but I need to let my first choice uni know the results of any appeals before the 31st of August
Ammonia

You really just have to get onto your school or college as quick as possible - everything has to go through them anyway.

Good luck!
SAM
Reply 10
thanks Sam. So does A followed by a star mean you got an A in the exam? Bit worried!
Yes
Reply 12
Thanks Meteorshower....this sums up how rubbish our college was....can't believe they haven't passed all our NAB results on to SQA!
I would definitely get on to them and see if you can find out what happened.
Reply 14
I am not surprised to be honest with you, they have been SO disorganised about everything all year long. Definitely going to email them tonight.
Kirstin

As Meteorshower says, you have got an A in the exam bit. You should encourage your college to get the rest of the results to us.

SAM
Reply 16
Thanks for your help Sam....is there a deadline for getting the NAB results to SQA? I was wondering why my Uni place hadn't been confirmed, even though I have met my condition. Should I email the Uni and tell them what is going on?
mysqa
Ammonia

You really just have to get onto your school or college as quick as possible - everything has to go through them anyway.

Good luck!
SAM

OK thanks. :smile: I've already emailed my school and my maths is definitely going to get appealed.

I have a couple of other questions.

Is it likely that sometimes SQA can make mistakes? For example, errors in data input or markers wrongly adding up figures?

I missed out an A in Adv Chemistry I needed to get into Imperial, and I really need to know the exact percentage I got in it to see how much I missed out on that A by so I can tell my firm choice uni as quickly as possible (before 31st of August), but my teachers have said that they won't know until mid September? Is this true? I know for a fact that when A Level results are out and if there are some people who narrowly missed out on an A in Chem, my firm choice uni will be comparing the actual percentages/marks they got in it to decide who they'll let in. So what on earth am I going to do if I can't tell them what I got because the SQA won't release it until after the 31st of August deadline?!

Sorry for the deluge of questions, I'm just really quite worried at the moment. Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 18
Yes they can make mistakes , I have a letter of apology to prove it (all be it from a long while ago- old person here). If you are sitting a subject that has numeric answers then its a good idea to write your answers on your question paper & get marked by teacher. Luckily that's what I had done in my maths and I knew I had only lost a few marks in the whole exam. You can imagine how gutted I was when I got a B. After many calls, mostly by my own parents (backed by the school) (I think some going to the paper threats where used) to sqa, they checked my paper and found a whole section unmarked. I could have lost my uni place because of it. So if you are SURE that your mark should have been higher especially if you had some sort of proof as I had (my annotated question paper) then don't be fobbed of with it doesn't happen- IT DOES!
fragle
Yes they can make mistakes , I have a letter of apology to prove it (all be it from a long while ago- old person here). If you are sitting a subject that has numeric answers then its a good idea to write your answers on your question paper & get marked by teacher. Luckily that's what I had done in my maths and I knew I had only lost a few marks in the whole exam. You can imagine how gutted I was when I got a B. After many calls, mostly by my own parents (backed by the school) (I think some going to the paper threats where used) to sqa, they checked my paper and found a whole section unmarked. I could have lost my uni place because of it. So if you are SURE that your mark should have been higher especially if you had some sort of proof as I had (my annotated question paper) then don't be fobbed of with it doesn't happen- IT DOES!

oh my goodness that's shocking! do you mind telling me how long ago this happened? I'm glad you managed to get that A grade back! I'm in the exact situation at the moment, I'm so sure that I should've got As in these subjects. I simply cannot comprehend how I got a B in Maths and Chemistry when I'd gone through all the questions immediately afterwards and my estimated marks were much higher than this year's boundaries for an A! That was smart of you to write down answers on the question paper-I should've done that. Who did you/your parents/school call up at the SQA? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending