The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FreshPrincess1
Well said haha

I don't think Slough is rough, you don't hear about massive murder shootings etc (apart from that one incident where the woman got her car nicked when she was cleaning the windows)

but there has been a number of incidents between Sikhs and Muslims.

I do not thnk the schools are multicultural; because most of the people who go to Langley/Herschel/Churchmead etc are Asian/the odd Mauritian/Somali.
There's like only 5 white people in the whole of Herschel, apparently.
BruceTaylor
Why do people say slough is **** hole?

How about the fact that the parks are full of roving gangs (Twice my friends and I have been set on by a gang in parks).
The town centre is dreary, all prefabricated concrete, and they've closed half of it off to add "art" which is just new paving slabs.

It's a dive, I hate it here. Thank God I'm off in October.

i bet you live in britwell/chalvey lol
Superstar6318
I don't think Slough is rough, you don't hear about massive murder shootings etc (apart from that one incident where the woman got her car nicked when she was cleaning the windows)

but there has been a number of incidents between Sikhs and Muslims.

I do not thnk the schools are multicultural; because most of the people who go to Langley/Herschel/Churchmead etc are Asian/the odd Mauritian/Somali.
There's like only 5 white people in the whole of Herschel, apparently.

lol not at all. Those schools do have a large amount of asians but there are several hundred white people lol.
FreshPrincess1
Hey I live in slough and admittedly I'm not in love with it but it isn't as bad as you are all making it out to be! :s-smilie:

ye but by the fact you go slough grammar i would assume you dont live in any of the bad parts?
Reply 44
paddy__power
i bet you live in britwell/chalvey lol

No, Langley :smile:

Well, I used to, moved since the :biggrin:
BruceTaylor
No, Langley :smile:

Well, I used to, moved since the :biggrin:

langleys ok actually.

well on the most part it is XD

where did you escape too?
paddy__power
lol not at all. herschel does have a large amount of asians but there are several hundred white people lol.

Haha well that shut me up- do you got to Herschel though?

I like my school i go to- Burnham Grammar School, there's not too many of white but not too many of Asian, it's just right, plus, it's not segregated at all.
Superstar6318
Haha well that shut me up- do you got to Herschel though?

I like my school i go to- Burnham Grammar School, there's not too many of white but not too many of Asian, it's just right, plus, it's not segregated at all.

no i dont, but i know alot of people who do...=]

burnham grammar is cool, the test is apparently well easy.

i have never actually been there tho =s
paddy__power
no i dont, but i know alot of people who do...=]

burnham grammar is cool, the test is apparently well easy.

i have never actually been there tho =s

Lol, jokes.

HAHA Britwell- at the same time, the part of Britwell I've seen looks lovely with big houses and yet I hear sooo much of people getting mugged.

And when someone mentions the place "Chalvey" you immediately only think of that one road with Ambala sweet shop and Alexandra Palace? It's like the best road you would find in Iraq!
Angelil
Our Sainsbury's is pug-ugly though :frown:

the teso wins =]
Superstar6318
Lol, jokes.

HAHA Britwell- at the same time, the part of Britwell I've seen looks lovely with big houses and yet I hear sooo much of people getting mugged.

And when someone mentions the place "Chalvey" you immediately only think of that one road with Ambala sweet shop and Alexandra Palace? It's like the best road you would find in Iraq!

Slough is just the kind of place you want to leave.

I'm not sure if slough is made bad by thames valley, or if thames valley is made bad by slough.

Bit of both lol.
FreshPrincess1
What!
Slough = Not in the countryside
My house = Not small
I DO have emotions
I am VERY sociable.

Thanks for that

love i think they meant the slough in america =]
paddy__power
ye but by the fact you go slough grammar i would assume you dont live in any of the bad parts?

Lol *bad parts*, I live in Chalvey :smile: x
FreshPrincess1
Lol *bad parts*, I live in Chalvey :smile: x

o ok, i take it bACK XD
I used to live in Chalvey and it is rough and has a very bad reputation. I no longer live in Slough but I remember hearing about half a dozen murders in Slough last year (2009)... Brixton is supposed to be 'ghetto' and Slough has a worst crime rate.. excluding robbery (makes sense, presuming Slough has no tourists).

http://www.upmystreet.com/local/crime-in-slough.html
http://www.upmystreet.com/local/crime-in-brixton-and-stockwell.html
As bad as it is, it has nothing on Teesside.
nativeLondoner
As bad as it is, it has nothing on Teesside.

Where is Teesside?
King-Panther
Where is Teesside?

Middlesbrough area
nativeLondoner
Middlesbrough area

Is it actually rough?
King-Panther
Is it actually rough?

It has a vast amount of social problems mostly as a result of the decline in manufacturing, unemployment etc...Recently another steel plant closed exacerbating the existing problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending