The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think even Crocs would be an improvement.

Wait, actually...no. No.
Reply 41
Bit Lily Allen innit?!

I have to say though, I think here dress-with-trainers look really worked in the 'LDN' video (the big red bubble gown). I don't know why, but it just looked cool!

I really don't think it'd work in real life though.
:yikes: :vroam: fashion police coming through . . . . :kart: <screech>

OP are you insane? lol . . . . trainers with a dress is a big :no: :no:

If you enjoy wearing pumps, buy some more but with thicker soles.
sigstuff
if your quirky enough i guess, lily allen wears dresses with trainers

And thats why Lily Allen is ridiculed by 95% of the sane world for being a style-devoid lyrically untalented goofball, no?

In all seriousness, OP, don't try it... I can almost guarantee you'll look as daft as Lily Allen if you do that. :p:
Flip flops would work.
EducatingBrogan
I think even Crocs would be an improvement.

Wait, actually...no. No.

Crocs will never be an improvement on anything. You could have your feet chopped off and walk around on bloody stumps and you'd still look better than you would if you wore Crocs. God, I hate Crocs (in case you hadn't noticed:p: )

Oh and to the OP, trainers with a dress was not cute when Lily Allen did it, and it will almost certainly not look cute if you do it.
Reply 46
Syafiquaaa
Flip flops would work.

My thoughts exactly. Or try some comfortable heels, sandals or flats. Perhaps those gladiators shoes that Fergie often wears would work, too.
Reply 47
sigstuff
if your quirky enough i guess, lily allen wears dresses with trainers

yeah but Lily Allen has about as much style sense as a brain damaged cockroach...

OP...no. Never, ever, ever do that.
For the love of human kind, no, please don't.
Don't wear flip flops, please. Wear trainers, hell, wear crocs, but don't wear damn flip flops. They're nasty.
It depends on the dress, as well as the trainers. I sometimes wear a dress with my Converse and it looks good, but that's possibly because the dress isn't very formal. I probably wouldn't wear it with trainers though.
Reply 51
Lily allen tried it and got away with it, slightly! I wouldnt recommend anyone else try doing it.
Reply 52
no no no. I think Lily Allen managed to get away with it but i don't think a lot of people can.

My friend has done this before but firstly her dress was unusal but amazingly nice!

Also, you can't just wear it with trainers such as dunlop green flash!!! - you should get some cool retro trainers (they would probably be expensive though) Nike do some really nice ones but they really are expensive and can be found in places such as Paris.
Reply 53
Much as I hate Birkenstocks, they do look really comfy and probably would be an improvement on trainers. Perhaps try some.
Ugh no, trashy. Please don't.
Reply 56
i really would, tbh. Ballet pumps are getting a bit dull really and it could look great - and not at all lily allen! Make sure it's a casual day dress with a little bit of feminine detailing, then whack on a long slouchy cardigan and a couple of bangles/long necklaces. Nice bag. Clean look for the rest of you, no grungy makeup or greasy hair, think more romantic/pretty look. Green flash would be ok with that (it's not going to be like "wow she's the most coolest thing i've ever ever seen!" but it wouldn't look stupid), or have you considered: a canvas lace-up pump in either white or a pretty colour; converse lo-tops in cool colours; a loafer/moccasin (soft! and very in); or a boot seeing as we're getting to autumn (i love biker boots with feminine stuff...or a riding boot...or wellies.)

Reply 57
Misogynist
Don't wear flip flops, please. Wear trainers, hell, wear crocs, but don't wear damn flip flops. They're nasty.

What's wrong with flip flops???? I was going to suggest them but was beaten to it....i'm surprised it took until page 3 of the thread before someone suggested them.

As for trainers with a dress....to quote Stewie Griffin, "...So deliciously white-trash."

That first girl looks about 9 years old though.
Reply 59
Thanks for your help but everyone except hannah1985 and dementedbunny are just so insecure and self-centred! I NEVER SAID I LIKED THE LOOK OF TRAINERS WITH DRESSES! you fools! I was asking if maybe you could help me find shoes to go with dresses that won't kill my wide feet! God some of you are so stupid. If I had no style would I really be asking this? NO I would go out thinking I looked cool but I ain't so shut up. Basically I got into London College of Fashion to do Fashion Promotion, I can't be lacking in style that much. Please only useful answers! thanks!

Latest