The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's certainly an impressive mark, Profesh. What grades did you end up with (if you don't mind my asking)? Feel free not to answer if you'd rather not say :smile:
Reply 21
You could probably deduce them, anyway. 'A' in English; 'A' in Politics; 'B' in History. I might try actually revising History, this year :rolleyes:
Reply 22
In my AS English Literature exam I got 100% on the exam part, which totally surprised me as it seemed to surprise you, Profesh. I did Shakespeare for coursework and only lost four marks in it, so my total ums mark was 296/300! I did not do nearly as much revision for it as I felt i should have, but I was just able to perform on the day. I cannot think of any tips for me people wanting to do well in English Literature. I just believe that you have to have a good grasp of the texts you are studying and an excellent use of language.
I just hope I can do as well in my A2 exam, but I need to focus on History and move my B to an A.
N.B Sorry, I know this thread is not about English Literature.
Reply 23
I just do what I usually do, and hope for the best.
Reply 24
Atonement
In my AS English Literature exam I got 100% on the exam part, which totally surprised me as it seemed to surprise you, Profesh. I did Shakespeare for coursework and only lost four marks in it, so my total ums mark was 296/300!

Our coursework assignment was Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, by Arthur Miller. I achieved 28/30 in the set passage question, but under-performed as a result of postponing commencement of my whole text essay until 4am on the morning that it was due in; and so, my net achievement amounted to a score of only 54/60 overall. Not that I've any right to complain :rolleyes:

My sole revision for the Shakespeare module comprised a reasonably thorough perusal of the text, one night prior to the examination itself. I think I was relying on a subliminal intake of quotations, more than most :wink:
Reply 25
The coursework I did last year was Shakespeare "Taming of the Shrew". We are doing some preparation for the synoptic unit at the moment and have just looked at "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" by Edward Albee. Is this piece of drama the same as you did for coursework?
Reply 26
Atonement
The coursework I did last year was Shakespeare "Taming of the Shrew". We are doing some preparation for the synoptic unit at the moment and have just looked at "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" by Edward Albee. Is this piece of drama the same as you did for coursework?

Of course; Edward Albee, not Arthur Miller. Just goes to show how hard I was concentrating that year :rolleyes:

Yes, you are quite right.
Reply 27
I got a B in history...because I didnt revise, an A in english lit (after a re-mark, increasing my prose paper from a C to an A...ridiculous really)...I do need to revise this year..hmm
Reply 28
ClosetGinger
I got a B in history...because I didnt revise, an A in english lit (after a re-mark, increasing my prose paper from a C to an A...ridiculous really)...I do need to revise this year..hmm

Pity us; for we are the damned :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending