The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I got B at Higher. I have pictures of my 3 expresive sheets. Didn't take any of my design. The second sheet isn't finished in this pic.
Reply 2
javjamoll
I got B at Higher. I have pictures of my 3 expresive sheets. Didn't take any of my design. The second sheet isn't finished in this pic.

Nice, like the way you do your eyes and noses, i never really done any portraits always landscapes so will have to put a couple in for AH :smile:
Reply 3
Am doing Design for AH. Focusingg of 'tuck shop' lol.
Reply 4
javjamoll
Am doing Design for AH. Focusingg of 'tuck shop' lol.

since im going to africa next month i decided to do an expressive, natural environment folio on Africa (Zambia/Tanzania)
Reply 5
I'm stronger on expresive, but I like design way more lol.
Reply 6
javjamoll
I'm stronger on expresive, but I like design way more lol.

I'm about equal was going to do an architecture design folio but wasn't to confident since i've never done techy drawing before so changed back to what i enjoy more :biggrin:
There is 8 people in my class doing AH and only one is doing design - recyling unit!
What do you want to do when you leave school???
Reply 7
Not sure yet..... but design. Either Fashion Design, Comstume Design or Architecture. (but it seems much harder to get in to, you no A's etc).

What did you get for H?
Reply 8
AACC :frown: art, geo, bio and english
wanted BBBB
i e-mailed Aberdeen uni and they said all i need is another B and they would be happy to except for MA in Geography.
I've gone off the architecture idea especially since maths isn't my strongest point but for all Scottish unis its also BBBB but a rather long course:frown:
But either Geography or Geography + History of Art looks good at Glasgow(AABB/AAA) or St Andrews (AAAB) is required so this year need to get an A in admin and B in maths - hopefully!
Reply 9
Yeah, thats also the put off with Architecture, the length of the course is about 5/6years aint it?

If I was going to go for that I would prefer to go to Glasgow School of Art but it'll be hard to get in to with the folio etc.

One course I was looking at is the Glasgow Cal for Fashion Business which needs BBCC, with English and Art. Its half and half, business and design so that would be good.

Or the Dundee or Aberdeen (can't remember which one) has a fine art course or something in which I would continue with textiles .
Reply 10
javjamoll
Yeah, thats also the put off with Architecture, the length of the course is about 5/6years aint it?

If I was going to go for that I would prefer to go to Glasgow School of Art but it'll be hard to get in to with the folio etc.

One course I was looking at is the Glasgow Cal for Fashion Business which needs BBCC, with English and Art. Its half and half, business and design so that would be good.

Or the Dundee or Aberdeen (can't remember which one) has a fine art course or something in which I would continue with textiles .

yeah architecture 6 + a year of work experience :O
Yeah that sounds good, i also looked at Aberdeen and Glasgow School of Art for the fine art degree too, but i think it will be hard to get in and at the end of the degree i'm scared in case i don't get a good enough job but there is always art and design teaching :smile: - which is another area i might consider.
Does your art teachers keep on dropping hints to where and whats a good place to study? - they are determined that i should go to art school!
What was the rest of your results like and have you already met the requirements for Fashion Business?
Reply 11
Nope not yet. Need H English and thats it.

Got Maths, Art, Product Design and History at BBBC and int2 English this year at C.

Hopefully I'll get in. But am also taking French so maybe that will slightly help since its recommended at the back of the prospectus for business courses to have another modern language.

I don't think I will get in to art school anyways so I don't really plan on applying, esp with the interview and folio!

Well he's a new teacher to me so I still don't realy properly know what he's like, I tend to try adn not speak to him lol.
Reply 12
I got a C ant int 2 too n many people in my school who got As failed higher but i managed to pass higher but with only a C so i'm happy as it was a hard course with a rubbish teacher who let everyone down since out of 5th/6th year only 1 person got an A :O
Reply 13
What subject are you talking about? lol English? I don't understand........

Yeah, this yeah am gonna get stuck in to bloody english since this is probably my area thats holding me back!
Reply 14
Yeah, English - people who got A's in Int2 failed higher
I only got a C at int2 and then passed higher also with a C - pleased i passed as it was a struggle
Reply 15
Yes Higher english is difficult:frown: I got a C though which I am happy about :biggrin:.
I dont have any of my art pics maybe I will though if they get sent back to the school or something.
Reply 16
You usually get your stuff sent back in about October time... I asked for mine back just incase though!

And yesterday I decided that I'm dropping AH Art now and taking Business instead. I really don't see a AH in Art much use now since I'm not gonna apply to Art schools which would prefer it!. Will continue to try and create some sort of folio at home though.
Reply 17
I know what you mean, art took far too much off my time last year and AH is going to be even worse and i need to focus on passing my two Highers and other AH which i want a career in.

I can't decide as later in the year will regret it but know where all my time and effort will go - again!
Reply 18
Yeah, I really don't see me passing either, its very hard to get a C at AH according to my art teacher last year. She said its very demanding and not many people pass, which wouldn't suprise me, who does over 18sheets!! Although I ignored that becasue I enjoyed Art in general and took it lol :biggrin:.

And yeah, as I need English more, it has more priority, but I know if I continued it I would be more interested in doing art, although it would prove a useless arward in the future...
Reply 19
I am resitting Higher Art this year if I dont get my appeal:frown: but at least I will know what I am actually doing this time round and can produce better work from the start, and also I can go with my own ideas instead of trusting the teacher :biggrin:.

Latest