The Student Room Group

Medicine question UCL

Hi, ims tarting medicine at UCL in september, cant wait!

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows weather or not it is possible to take the intercalated year out as another sort of gap year, if you could demonstrate you were doing something worthwhile?
And also not really to do with medicine but if someone wanted to change course and have an offer at ucl for a different course is it likely they would be able to change once they got there if they were similar courses?
Duckin
Hi, ims tarting medicine at UCL in september, cant wait!

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows weather or not it is possible to take the intercalated year out as another sort of gap year, if you could demonstrate you were doing something worthwhile?
1 Person this year did exactly that. Never heard of anyone else convincing the faculty to let them.

And also not really to do with medicine but if someone wanted to change course and have an offer at ucl for a different course is it likely they would be able to change once they got there if they were similar courses?

Unlikely.
To unashamedly hijack this thread, has anyone else's offer turned unconditional? Mine did on Monday so with any luck I should get accommodation information soon.
Yeh same!

Was just going to ask whether we're going to get our accommodation before the A Level results are out, or do you think they'll stick to the 5th September deadline?
Reply 4
yeah, me too :biggrin:
was really worried when i had an email from UCAS track...i immediately had visions of them withdrawing my offer!
medstudentgonnabe
Yeh same!

Was just going to ask whether we're going to get our accommodation before the A Level results are out, or do you think they'll stick to the 5th September deadline?

I just emailed residences to try to find out.
Oh right. Let me know what they say!
medstudentgonnabe
Oh right. Let me know what they say!

No reply from residences via email but got the No reply from residences via email but got the accommodation offer through the post this morning. Single in Astor offer through the post this morning. Single in Astor :biggrin:
davidthegreat
No reply from residences via email but got the No reply from residences via email but got the accommodation offer through the post this morning. Single in Astor offer through the post this morning. Single in Astor :biggrin:

Arghh, you're so lucky! Didn't get anything through the post this morning. I really want to know!! Do you think your email prompted them to send your accom, or do you reckon they've sent out all the stuff and it's taking longer for me to receive it?
medstudentgonnabe
Arghh, you're so lucky! Didn't get anything through the post this morning. I really want to know!! Do you think your email prompted them to send your accom, or do you reckon they've sent out all the stuff and it's taking longer for me to receive it?

Probably just the Royal Mail doing their usual bang up job.

Latest

Trending

Trending