Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Christmas Job At John Lewis

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HI
    I applied for a temporary christmas job at John Lewis and im going to an interview in a few days time. I have worked there before doing the same thing last year. I do really, desperately need a job to pay for my World Challenge trip next year. But the thing is that I'm going to reading festival so if i start working then then I will need time off. Secondly, my family is going away on holiday during the october half term, and i could need to go away in early december.
    What do i do, i know they will ask me at the interview if i have any planned holidays, but if i tell them will they not give me the job. I have tried everywhere to get a job and this is my last option.
    Please help.!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can't lie.

Just tell them, you don't KNOW they won't give you the job.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    im in almost the same situation, going on a RTW trip next feb, unemployed, going to leeds festival... but i dont have the other holidays, cant you stay at home for the other holidays if you needed to?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ahh christmas talk already! we haven't had our summer yet! =[
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    AHHHHHHHH crapppppp, are you applying for the oxford street branch? i well wanna work there this xmas, cant believe theyve already done interviews for it,
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Off topic, but what do they ask at the interview?? I have a group one tomorrow...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    omg i have one tomorrow aswell. is yours at 9.15
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    AHHHHHHHH crapppppp, are you applying for the oxford street branch? i well wanna work there this xmas, cant believe theyve already done interviews for it,
    You clearly haven't worked in a John Lewis at Christmas, I worked in Edinburgh at Christmas last year and I wouldn't wish the experience upon anyone.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Square)
    You clearly haven't worked in a John Lewis at Christmas, I worked in Edinburgh at Christmas last year and I wouldn't wish the experience upon anyone.
    Nah i havent, just want it for my cv as john lewis are decent to work for, plus you get to dress in a shirt and suit trousers, none of this crappy store t shirt rubbish

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 7, 2008
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.